IGNORED

Transmission Crossmember Mount Bushing (Rubber)?

I hate to start a new thread over something so (seemingly) trivial, but I've search all over and cannot find anything.

I'm replacing most/all of the bushings in my 280z. Some I'm doing urethane, some I'm retaining rubber. It's a street car and I don't want it to be unbearable.

Anyway, I cannot find a rubber transmission crossmember bushing anywhere. Only polyurethane - and this is one area I definitely want to avoid urethane.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by Kevin McSweeney

2 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

I understand better now. Those are discontinued from Nissan, unfortunately.

You might be better off finding a used mount with bushings in it that are in better shape than yours. JMO

Oh, thanks for the info. I may have to go to urethane then!

With the frame mounts poly, and the trans mount rubber, I would think it wouldn't be too bad. It is a personal choice to be sure. My 70 has no mounts like that, but I don't mind at all. 

9 minutes ago, Patcon said:

They're proud of that

Yes they are.

You will feel a little more engine vibration through the trany mount with PU bushes. It's no where near as bad as the mustache bar insulators on the diff.

For street cruising I would keep the transmission  cross member and mustache bar mount original or find a good donor car to replace them like I did. I tried PU on them and now back to the original style

• 2 years later...