IGNORED

Samuris at Donington Park

NVZEE

4 hours ago, JK240 said:

Good grief Frankios, even across the pond you can't leave it alone can you. Why not celebrate what was the UK's biggest collection of S30 and 14 Samuri on display, rather than your usual derogatory nonsense.

Eerr, its not derogatory, the myth of the Samurai conversions (apart from the odd car with some history- and even some of that is written wrong in places and myths occur) is rather over- sung. Some (a few) actually had some decent engine work done,  I also hear someone witnesses some cylinder head work done whilst the head is still on the block, in the car. Some were just bolting the likes of Webers and a Janspeed exhaust, and a paint job, and somehow its...........

It has a place in the UK S30 history, but its over-egged. For me, much more significant and interesting S30 stuff was going on in other places in the world, e.g. Japan.

Nice to see them though, they are nice examples.

I think there were more S30's at Silverstone a few years ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JK240 said:

Good grief Frankios, even across the pond you can't leave it alone can you. Why not celebrate what was the UK's biggest collection of S30 and 14 Samuri on display, rather than your usual derogatory nonsense.

The weekend was amazing and why not just repeat what Mike the administrator said on here "Awesome, thanks for sharing!!

Welcome to the classiczcar.com forum.

I've only pointed out facts.  not taken anything away from the display you've organised.  Facts are facts.

13 minutes ago, RIP260Z said:

Eerr, its not derogatory, the myth of the Samurai conversions (apart from the odd car with some history- and even some of that is written wrong in places and myths occur) is rather over- sung. Some (a few) actually had some decent engine work done,  I also hear someone witnesses some cylinder head work done whilst the head is still on the block, in the car. Some were just bolting the likes of Webers and a Janspeed exhaust, and a paint job, and somehow its...........

It has a place in the UK S30 history, but its over-egged. For me, much more significant and interesting S30 stuff was going on in other places in the world, e.g. Japan.

Nice to see them though, they are nice examples.

I think there were more S30's at Silverstone a few years ago.

It's spelt Samuri and everyone in the UK knows that, I'm sure yourself included, Jason constantly miss-spells the name intentionally and has taken to spreading that myth overseas it would appear, that is what I take offence with. Whether you like them or not at least have the courtesy to spell it accurately. And if you dislike them and the history, don't get involved, it's quite simple. The whole S30 story in the UK, and elsewhere I am sure, has been written incorrectly at times in various places over the years, not just Samuri

Glad you agree it has a place in UK S30 history which is where the event was held, and of course the Japan event is going to be bigger and more important, its the home market. I would love the opportunity to experience an event like that, some of the facebook pictures I've seen are amazing.

And Silverstone was as long ago as 2007, perhaps I should have said 'this years biggest dsplay'

1 hour ago, JK240 said:

Really, and you know all the facts of course...?

So why are there none in your original post...?

feel free to answer the below.

The history is quite a bit more vague than the scarabs.

They didn't make 74 cars, the company that now owns the name is hoping to try and cash in on it, with a dubious start.

Some of the cars were nothing more than a set of triples and wheels.

There's 3 or 4 with good history(big sam), the rest are without it(69 cars and counting)

Some cars called samurais are not classed as so by the guy that came up with the concept, theres more cars being added to the register each year.

Theres no set spec, no set design, no set anything. 

Edited by Jason240z

22 hours ago, NVZEE said:

Only not a Hot Wheel, just similar in scale but not as common in the big-box stores.

Ah ok..  Would be good to add one to the collection..  I've got quite a few models of the Z and would like to add this one.

• 2 weeks later...