IGNORED

QuickJack BL-5000SLX - $1099 at HomeDepot Online

HappyZ

1 hour ago, wadelester said:

@SteveJ If it's not too much trouble, can you ask him if he uses the blocks that came with his unit, or if he purchased the pinch weld blocks.

Any help is appreciated.

He said, "The blocks themselves work fine, however, I am going to cut a groove in four of them to simulate the pinch weld blocks. I don't believe it is necessary to spend extra money for something that you can do yourself."

I have had the 3500 and the 5000 and really like them.  I take my 5000 to the track with me all the time.  And yes, it is heavy, but I think the added safety it provides over jack stands is well worth it.  Plus, the newer design has wheels built in, so it helps compensate for the weight somewhat.

I have the 5k from costco and love them. Used only on my nismo and worked great. I am getting ready to use on the 240 this weekend. Any pics of the ones who have used and where they lifted from? I assume pinch welds just never like to assume. 

Chris 

20190331_143559.jpg

20190331_143552.jpg

20190331_143603.jpg

20181117_143441.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'll post photos soon, but did have some troubles.  I purchased the slotted blocks, so I used them.  I placed the block right on each dimple in the pinch weld.  My front/passenger side began to bend inward, so now I have a sizable dent under the rocker.  I do have some rust issues, so I assume that may be the problem.

Note:  I did have success the first time I jacked it - it was the second time when I had problems with rocker.

I have the 5K from Costco and yes it works great on a 240z, you do need to position carefully between the wheels. I cut slots in my blocks with a skill saw and it works great on the pinch welds. Love the blue tape idea, will try that next time. Overall I really like the unit, it gives enough room under the car to work comfortably, it is easy to use, and super stable. It is heavy to move around, but I just leave them next to my car so I just slide them under and lift it up. 

47 minutes ago, wadelester said:

Agreed on the "bad sign".  I'm going to get the chassis sorted before jacking it again...I really would like to save this car if I can, even if it costs me more than I should spend

These cars are quickly becoming valuable enough to justify pretty extreme repair efforts.