IGNORED

QuickJack BL-5000SLX - $1099 at HomeDepot Online

HappyZ

I just ordered the QuickJack BL-5000SLX for $1099 at HomeDepot Online.  From my research, that was a very good price.  Shipping is free.

If anyone is interested, I'll post an update as to how well it works on my 240Z.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Quick-Jack-BL-5000SLX-5-000-lbs-Capacity-Portable-Vehicle-Lifting-System-BL-5000SLX-AC-110v/307393222?cm_mmc=Shopping|G|HC|D25T|25-31_GARAGE/AUTOMOTIVE|NA|NA|71700000037147756|58700004942559535|92700042867443626&gclid=CjwKCAjwwZrmBRA7EiwA4iMzBAfISSJB1zuHA3oh0RZ_5KwJDX4aoohJLIBS0n1oh-Nu_V8IfJrLgBoCwisQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by wadelester
Added Link to Home Depot
  • Like 1

SteveJ or anyone else, do you know if it fits between his wheels?  I measured mine today and 70" is the length of the QuickJack and the distance between wheels is very close to 70".  To me, it looks like it will fit, but will be very close.  I won't arrive until next week, so I'm curious.

Edited by wadelester

I sent a text to my friend about the exact make/model he has. I know he has working on more than one Z using it. He was also thinking about bringing it out to Road Atlanta to raise a 280ZX race car that needed a replacement rear seal.

Keep in mind that unit(s) are not light to move around. I bet the 5000 model weighs in at 75-80 pounds per ramp. I have the 3500 and I am pretty pleased . I paid much more for my 3500, so the price is good.

Biggest issue is lowering of ramps has to have weight on it . So if you raise a car and then put on stands it’s a bit of a pain to lower the ramps. 

Also not a big fan of using the pinch welds because you have to line up everything perfect . Maybe the longer 5000 will be better than the 3500 I have. The 3500 definitely has to be set just right to raise the car on the pinch seams . I’m considering welding an attachment for using the frame .

Edited by madkaw

Thanks for the tips madkaw.  My biggest concern is that the 5000 is 70" long and that is about exactly the distance between the tires.  I can return it, but I sure hope it fits.

I have heard about the pinch weld alignment difficulties.  Have you tried a different method?

The 5000-lb unit is available in Canada from either Costco (Cdn $1350) or Canadian Tire (Cdn $1500).  Unfortunately, no retailer seems to want to stock the 3500-lb unit.  It should sell for about $150 less than the 5000-lb unit.  The Canadian distributor for QuickJack is located in Mississauga, with a secondary outlet in Surrey, BC. 

I forgot to mention.  HomeDepot has a 10% military discount.  Although they only apply it to in-store purchases (this was a web purchase), they did give me a 5% discount just for asking.