hwyix

L crate engine recommendations

    Recommended Posts

    I have a nice looking 240z but the motor is a little tired. My engine has triple webbers and header. I am torn between going crazy with2jz/rb/ls1 swap  or install a nice crate engine.

     

    How much reliable rwhp can I get out of crate L engine ? I am looking for recommendations on places to buy the crate engine.

     

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    You should look at Rebello's site and Datsun spirit's site for specs. either one will make plenty of power. Rebello is closer to you on the West coast

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Friday I ordered a L28 from Eiji who owns Datsun Spirit, Inc. I had been shopping around for a couple of months and asked Facebook groups for thoughts. After lots of positive recommendations for DSI, I talked with Eiji by phone a couple of times. It was easy to gain confidence in their work.  

    DSI ships all over the country and internationally. Good luck! 

    Datsun Spirit, Inc. Engine Options

    Edited by Red 77 280Z
    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Red77.....You made a very wise decision. You’ll get an amazing engine from Eiji and he will build it himself. He’ll check and double check every measurement and part and will send pictures throughout the process. It’ll be worth every penny you spend. Keep us updated with pics......congrats!

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Diseazd, thanks for the vote of confidence. Eiji is well respected in every forum, far and wide. It’s up to 3 months out, but worth the wait, I’m sure. ✔️

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I’ve known Eiji for a long time......he lives and breathes L Series Motors. I share his passion......as does everyone on this forum obviously!!!!!

    48971AD4-6A5E-47EF-A1BB-07C87172E98C.jpeg

    27BFDE1D-62E2-4340-B75E-BF9DAE507E5C.jpeg

    80554CD0-FB16-4CDF-9C99-005B2770C3FC.jpeg

    F23090DB-1526-429E-A11F-A007E6D50507.jpeg

    B80BD457-F72B-4768-B46D-22DA8BC207C5.jpeg

    672B08F6-7B8A-4230-93A9-047A6983802B.jpeg

    BB4E1A88-4340-4A1D-8D91-E3821669E08C.jpeg

    6C584D8B-20C4-4FA6-B81D-083BE7BF44C8.jpeg

    27022D87-AAF5-489A-B46B-03527679A8D5.jpeg

    • Like 3

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Nice photos! Just noticed you’re in Richmond a little south of Eiji. I grew up in southwest VA near Roanoke, now in Raleigh NC area. So, you got an engine or servicing from Eiji?

    Sent him pics of my car. He said he liked my Enkei92 wheels. From you pics I see his too. 

    4B797E36-ED38-481B-8A97-823E18DF3FBC.jpeg

    A465E19F-6C6D-4BE2-8D12-0943ED3A3019.jpeg

    Edited by Red 77 280Z
    • Like 3

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I usually build my own motors, but Eiji built both of my Strokers. I wouldn’t trust anyone else. Getting ready to go head to head at Dinwiddie quarter mile track again this Spring with Eiji. Gonna see how the Stroker does in the sprint. 

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    On 3/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, Red 77 280Z said:

    Friday I ordered a L28 from Eiji who owns Datsun Spirit, Inc. I had been shopping around for a couple of months and asked Facebook groups for thoughts. After lots of positive recommendations for DSI, I talked with Eiji by phone a couple of times. It was easy to gain confidence in their work.  

    DSI ships all over the country and internationally. Good luck! 

    Datsun Spirit, Inc. Engine Options

    So much great stuff!  Which package did you order?

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    On 3/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, Diseazd said:

    I usually build my own motors, but Eiji built both of my Strokers. I wouldn’t trust anyone else. Getting ready to go head to head at Dinwiddie quarter mile track again this Spring with Eiji. Gonna see how the Stroker does in the sprint. 

    Please tell us about the Strokers...you can’t just throw that out there.  Need details 😀

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    54 minutes ago, ConVerTT said:

    Please tell us about the Strokers...you can’t just throw that out there.  Need details 😀

     

    This should pretty much cover it. BTW, if anyone close to Dinwiddie wants to join us, we’d love to have you.

    • Like 2

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    30 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

     

    This should pretty much cover it. BTW, if anyone close to Dinwiddie wants to join us, we’d love to have you.

    On April 5th, are you there prior to the 5:00 pm gates opening time? I may be able to drive up from NC. Would be nice to meet you and Eiji in person and see your cars.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    We’ll get there at 5.....start running at 6. Hope to get a least 3 runs. Would love to have you join us.

    • Like 1

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Nice photos! Just noticed you’re in Richmond a little south of Eiji. I grew up in southwest VA near Roanoke, now in Raleigh NC area. So, you got an engine or servicing from Eiji?
    Sent him pics of my car. He said he liked my Enkei92 wheels. From you pics I see his too. 
    4B797E36-ED38-481B-8A97-823E18DF3FBC.thumb.jpeg.8fc561d5837e6d4104fe1ed98674cc5e.jpeg
    A465E19F-6C6D-4BE2-8D12-0943ED3A3019.thumb.jpeg.29e5fdd9d3ac0d8a7b737ea1ad3b020e.jpeg

    Your car looks great. I live in NC too. On the coast in Emerald Isle. I’m in Raleigh all the time (in-laws) live there. I just bought a used 280zx engine and thinking of rebuilding myself to replace the stock and tired engine in my 77 280z. I’d consider sending it to rebuild but what the satisfaction of learning and doing it myself. Hopefully, I don’t regret it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest Red 77 280Z
    1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:


    Your car looks great. I live in NC too. On the coast in Emerald Isle. I’m in Raleigh all the time (in-laws) live there. I just bought a used 280zx engine and thinking of rebuilding myself to replace the stock and tired engine in my 77 280z. I’d consider sending it to rebuild but what the satisfaction of learning and doing it myself. Hopefully, I don’t regret it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Thank you! I had 3 Z cars 40 years ago, now on my 4th and final Z. I've spent some time in Emerald Isle, nice place. Being retired, I have the time to do a rebuild but limited on tools and too old to acquire them. Once we get our engines upgraded, we should meet for cars & coffee sometime when you're in Raleigh. I'm in Triangle Z Club and S30 Life groups on Facebook. Cheers and good luck with your rebuild.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:


    Your car looks great. I live in NC too. On the coast in Emerald Isle. I’m in Raleigh all the time (in-laws) live there. I just bought a used 280zx engine and thinking of rebuilding myself to replace the stock and tired engine in my 77 280z. I’d consider sending it to rebuild but what the satisfaction of learning and doing it myself. Hopefully, I don’t regret it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Should have logged in first before posting....

     

    Thank you! I had 3 Z cars 40 years ago, now on my 4th and final Z. I've spent some time in Emerald Isle, nice place. Being retired, I have the time to do a rebuild but limited on tools and too old to acquire them. Once we get our engines upgraded, we should meet for cars & coffee sometime when you're in Raleigh. I'm in Triangle Z Club and S30 Life groups on Facebook. Cheers and good luck with your rebuild.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now