IGNORED

L crate engine recommendations

hwyix

I have a nice looking 240z but the motor is a little tired. My engine has triple webbers and header. I am torn between going crazy with2jz/rb/ls1 swap  or install a nice crate engine.

How much reliable rwhp can I get out of crate L engine ? I am looking for recommendations on places to buy the crate engine.

Friday I ordered a L28 from Eiji who owns Datsun Spirit, Inc. I had been shopping around for a couple of months and asked Facebook groups for thoughts. After lots of positive recommendations for DSI, I talked with Eiji by phone a couple of times. It was easy to gain confidence in their work.  

DSI ships all over the country and internationally. Good luck! 

Datsun Spirit, Inc. Engine Options

Edited by Red 77 280Z
  • Like 1

Red77.....You made a very wise decision. You’ll get an amazing engine from Eiji and he will build it himself. He’ll check and double check every measurement and part and will send pictures throughout the process. It’ll be worth every penny you spend. Keep us updated with pics......congrats!

• Like 2

Nice photos! Just noticed you’re in Richmond a little south of Eiji. I grew up in southwest VA near Roanoke, now in Raleigh NC area. So, you got an engine or servicing from Eiji?

Sent him pics of my car. He said he liked my Enkei92 wheels. From you pics I see his too. 

4B797E36-ED38-481B-8A97-823E18DF3FBC.jpeg

A465E19F-6C6D-4BE2-8D12-0943ED3A3019.jpeg

Edited by Red 77 280Z
  • Like 3

I usually build my own motors, but Eiji built both of my Strokers. I wouldn’t trust anyone else. Getting ready to go head to head at Dinwiddie quarter mile track again this Spring with Eiji. Gonna see how the Stroker does in the sprint. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 12:03 AM, Red 77 280Z said:

Friday I ordered a L28 from Eiji who owns Datsun Spirit, Inc. I had been shopping around for a couple of months and asked Facebook groups for thoughts. After lots of positive recommendations for DSI, I talked with Eiji by phone a couple of times. It was easy to gain confidence in their work.  

DSI ships all over the country and internationally. Good luck! 

Datsun Spirit, Inc. Engine Options

So much great stuff!  Which package did you order?