IGNORED

Replacement Fenders

z3beemer

I'm trying to find a decent set of replacement fenders for my 73 240Z project.  I spoke with the guys at Z Car Depot , they have them for $305 each. But the web site states there may be fitment problems.  I spoke with them directly (really nice people to deal with)  and it seems the fitment problems may be more than just shimming and elongating / adding  holes.   They said the curvatures may be somewhat off ,but they sold about 10 sets and no one has returned them or complained. I was wondering it anyone has purchased a set from Z Car Depot and if the problems were insurmountable.  The shipping will be about another $250-300 ea, but I can probably drive over to their store and pick them up and still save a few $100.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

4 hours ago, wheee! said:

We can still buy them from the dealer here in Canada...

In Ontario at least Nissan isn't offering them anymore, when I bought 2 front fenders from Nissan about 6 yrs ago they weren't Nissan made but repops. They were very nice looking repops but still didn't fit all that well, the curve from the top down to the rockers was a little larger than the door so they stuck out.

Plan B. Does anyone know a good source for fiberglass fenders? I found this place out of NJ named Datsun Z Fiberglass with good prices, but after several no return calls, I did a little further research on this vendor.  There are way too many complaints and unfulfilled orders. I'm looking for stock style fenders, not custom.

Thanks

Paul

There is a company call Retro Spec but I have no experience with them. There are reviews posted.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.