IGNORED

240z gets jiggy

ConVerTT

I agree with your premise.  I know you're busy with the real work right now, but later, when time permits, please consider creating a set of drawings for your jig.  It would make a great addition to the restoration  resources that this great site makes available to others.

BTW, you have a real talent for visualizing sheet metal repairs.  The fab part is half of it, but the 'vision' part (i.e 'How do I translate this into cuts and bends and welds) is equally important.

• Like 3

Someone was asking about how the jig can be used to re-align body panels ... basically BFH...

I had to pull this backer plate forward about 1/4” and down about 1/2” to repair previous accident damage.  Easy peasy ....

2970A5FE-2AAA-45C4-AD36-5A8E83B2A72B.jpeg

Depending what you need to do, you can use pry bars, come-alongs or whatever for works ....

Edited by ConVerTT
Typo
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, ConVerTT said:

Someone was asking about how the jig can be used to re-align body panels ... basically BFH...

I had to pull this backer plate forward about 1/4” and down about 1/2” to repair previous accident damage.  Easy peasy ....

2970A5FE-2AAA-45C4-AD36-5A8E83B2A72B.jpeg

Depending what you need to do, you can use pry bars, come-alongs or whatever for works ....

How did you attach to the backer plate? Did you bolt a strap to it? Some good frame clamps help a lot in this situation

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

How did you attach to the backer plate? Did you bolt a strap to it? Some good frame clamps help a lot in this situation

Yes exactly.  I couldn’t get a decent grip so I just looped a strap from a scrap piece of sheet metal and bolted it on

I buy them off Ebay or Amazon. More challenging for those of you North of the border. I try to get one like this, then I have one that has more room behind the jaws to get around flanges and such and I have one that will join up 10 or so weld on studs to pull. I also have a wide one that has double jaws

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmo+clamp.TRS0&_nkw=mo+clamp&_sacat=0

Lots of styles and types. Some have dual points so you can load it in two directions at once. If your jig was fastened to the floor you could add pull points in the floor and some cribbing and basically have a 240z frame rack

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Patcon said:

I buy them off Ebay or Amazon. More challenging for those of you North of the border. I try to get one like this, then I have one that has more room behind the jaws to get around flanges and such and I have one that will join up 10 or so weld on studs to pull. I also have a wide one that has double jaws

Thanks Patcon!  

And yes I wish I had a few D-ring anchors in the floor for many reasons too!

• Like 1