headlight adjustor plastic nut source - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

headlight adjustor plastic nut source

Featured Replies

I'm refurbishing my lights and all the nuts broke when I took them apart.

I found a set on eBay but they are from Thailand. I looked at all the usual parts sources.

Does anyone know where to get them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3X-HEADLIGHT-ADJUST-SCREW-WHITE-PLASTIC-FITFOR-DATSUN-FAIRLADY-240Z-260Z-280Z/150882540704?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D206154ce5fbd4f39b962027a811efb99%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D162684278544%26itm%3D150882540704&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

image1 2.jpeg

Edited by SurferD
added info

  • Author

So I ordered them from the eBay seller. He says they are made from ABS. We’ll see how they work. 

Have you heard of Auveco? They supply lots of little plastic items like this - and although I have downloaded their catalog, I haven't sat down to actually LOOK at it...

https://www.auveco.com/

  • Author

Yes I looked there but they don’t have it

Funny thing is I don't recall seeing those on my 77 280. I can't find it in my micro-fiche either.

Anyone know if these are in all years of the S30?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

When I looked at car parts manual for the part breakdown it just listed the whole bucket as “ASSY-BODY HEAD LAMP” with no separate call out for the plastic nuts. 

They apply to all S30's.

They will work, although the plastic housing is somewhat different---your photo of the screw housing ( I assume from your 10/70 car) does not fully enclose the threaded portion of the adjusting screw---which I find interesting as my 7/70 had the fully enclosed type.

 

  • Author
59 minutes ago, Zup said:

They apply to all S30's.

They will work, although the plastic housing is somewhat different---your photo of the screw housing ( I assume from your 10/70 car) does not fully enclose the threaded portion of the adjusting screw---which I find interesting as my 7/70 had the fully enclosed type.

 

Mine had transparent caps over the ends so they were enclosed too. The material had hardened over time and I had to break/cut them off. The shape of the end of the nut is barbed so a cap or improvised tubing will work.

image2.jpeg

image1 3.jpeg

Edited by SurferD

www.240zrubberparts.com  

I am making a new batch of parts over the next few days....

  • Author
3 hours ago, nix240z said:

www.240zrubberparts.com  

I am making a new batch of parts over the next few days....

good news!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So I got the set from the bay seller and they are very good. they are the correct dimensions and are made of ABS. My only gripe is that the screws supplied are very tight and I think the ID of the parts is a little small. I used some Elmer's Dry lube on them and they are a little easier. The new screws are smalIer diameter than stock. I definitely recommend these for restoring light buckets. Another interesting change that I found and never read about before from series one to later versions of the lights is the recessed mounting locations of these nuts. On my original ones there's a stamped area with serrations so they don't spin. On later buckets I have, it's a more pronounced full rectangular stamping. Also on the early buckets there's no holes for the locating nibs on the new gaskets. I drilled 4mm holes so the gaskets fit. Another "why would they do that" find.

C75D906F-4839-4115-BA60-022AC55AF272.jpeg

17D74FF4-5EF0-40D5-B756-611E270CFEC7.jpeg

Edited by SurferD

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.