IGNORED

AFM switch

chiefmd

I did some checking and the car that the 76 AFM came out of had a ECU labeled A11-600-000 which is the same as my current 77 280Z. So, I think there should be no compatibility  issues. Maybe as RCB280z said " it will just be an adjustment on the "idle air screw"

We've had other threads where we tried to figure out what, exactly, is the difference between the part numbered AFM's and never came up with anything, that I can recall.  I've had 75-78 in my 76 and they all ran the same.  And now I have a 78 engine in my 76 with a 76 AFM and it works fine, although there are a variety of tuning aids on the engine.

On top of that, 70's fuel is probably not the same as today's fuel.  But, in short, whatever the differences are among the AFM's, they're small.  Nothing to worry about.  No engine damage will happen.

Yes, I have given up trying to figure that out. Datsun/Nissan had 4 different part numbrrs from 12-1974 through to the last S30 in 78, but JECS seemed to have used their own numbering system when you look at the MSA site.

I have four units and I have run three of them om my car and they all worked fine. I had to jig the fuel switch to run two of them.

It might be a case of parts swapping and JECS just keeping track of it that way. Or minor improvements for emmisions etc.

The 22680-N4202SV is the Bosch unit and I have seen it referred to as the A31-000-050

I have a A31-000-427 (p/n:22680-P6600) from a European 280ZX na from 1981. Those numbers don't show up anywhere on the two lists for US models. So if you look at the 280ZX na version as well, the list is extensive.

Screenshot_20181229-101644.jpg

Screenshot_20181229-101825.jpg

• Like 1