IGNORED

window regulator

zbert1

From the online parts catalog for 260Z/280Z:

RH 80700-N3400 to 7607, superseded by 80700-N4400 eff. 7608

LH 80701-N3400 to 7607, superseded by 80700-N4400 eff. 7608

The comment by @Mark Maras is spot on regarding the part # change

You are correct that the 240Z regulators are a different P/N.

BTW - my limited experience with regulators shows the P/N is usually stamped on the part.

Edited by jfa.series1

16 minutes ago, Mark Maras said:

There's still a question in my mind if the early 260 regulators were the same as the late 260. Does anyone know if the regulator change came with the forward relocation of the inside door lock?

Mark,

The catalog shows no changes to regulators, locks, or other parts during the switch from early to later 260Z:

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsuns30/Datsun-Z-Index/Body-260Z-280Z/2-Seater/Door-Lock-Regulator-Handle

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

There's still a question in my mind if the early 260 regulators were the same as the late 260. Does anyone know if the regulator change came with the forward relocation of the inside door lock?

No, It came with the change of interior style between the 240 and 260.  My early 260Z has the same regulator used in the lates and '75-'76 280Z.  Then there was another door change with the '77-'78 and the regulator changed again...

• Like 1