IGNORED

'72 240 Mobile, Alabama

siteunseen

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Picture #19 looks like a fiberglass repair patch over something.  Good looking car.  But, Gulf Coast humidity and salt in the air can do some damage over time.  I lived in Ocean Springs, MS for a while and the Z caught rust quite easily.

Dennis

• Like 1

5 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I can't remember if you were ever at Eglin AFB Dennis?  Seems like you were though.  I love that area, North West Panhandle.  Spent 10 years there doing storm restoration from '95 until 2005.  Good memories, some are a little fuzzy though but overall great times.

Biloxi is nice too.  

Not at Eglin.  I was at Keesler in Biloxi with the 53 Weather hurricane hunters and the 1st ACGS photo mapping units.  That was back before satellite mapping when we used C-130s and C-135s to fly straight lines all day taking 3D photos to turn into maps. 

Dennis

3 hours ago, psdenno said:

Not at Eglin.  I was at Keesler in Biloxi with the 53 Weather hurricane hunters and the 1st ACGS photo mapping units.  That was back before satellite mapping when we used C-130s and C-135s to fly straight lines all day taking 3D photos to turn into maps. 

Dennis

Ah Keesler AFB. 

The good old days of living in the Student Triangle, going to class at Bryan Hall and breaking phase to sneak off for a weekend in New Orleans.