IGNORED

Hazard Switch not working - Blinkers OK

Labubre

We've had this discussion before.  I had an automotive paint store look up and match the 1977 Datsun paint code 240.  The color they produced pretty much matched the original color in my engine bay. One could argue how exact it is especially since it is base and clear vs a single stage, but I'm pleased with it.  The shot of the Z badge in my icon  is before the new paint in the pic in my signature.  I can say, however, this particular color can look very much different on a sunny day to a cloudy day as well as indoor and outdoor. I know in your mixes you played with the shade and the amount of flake.

That’s right, I remember now. I didn’t adjust the factory mix that I sprayed, and the pic I posted was the brightest it looked in any light. It could be the water based versus solvent based too. If my spray had of matched yours, I would have gone with the original too! Love your car...

• 10 months later...

Hello guys...

Recently i got interested in fixing my hazard issue. This one was also bringing to "0" my battery indicator...mmmh!

I swap the hazard flasher i had for monthes...hazard signal worked for 20 seconds then....no more, battery indicator back to "0".

I removed central console to check connectors and confirm that hazard switch was OK (conductivity test positive)

Reading my 77 Z FSM i learnt that:

Flasher turn signal connected to green/yellow and white wire. I measured 13,5V with engine running at 900rpm. Location: above throttle pedal.

Flasher for hazard is connected to green/blue wire and red/white wire. I measured 11,7V in same conditions. Location: behind rheostat for illumination.

You know what? My hazard flasher was not at the right place. And guess that he didn't like the 13,5V that turn signal flasher can stand. I screw the old and new one this way.

It is to note that my turn signal were working with flasher in both position...unless when hazard switch was activated :)

Now i need to get a new hazard flasher and guess it would be right!

Will keep you posted!

Seb

• 5 months later...

Solved!!!

1 of the Hazard fuse holder was corroded on the outside and inner side...generating bad continuity.

After cleaning...i activate hazard switch that worked fine and battery indicator stayed still!

Thanks for the support and big up for Steve!

Culprit:

Cosse.jpg

• Like 1