IGNORED

low oil pressure light (75 280z)

Dave WM

a couple low tech solutions, a N.O. heat activated switch like the one I used for my EGR, could even just build it into an existing water temp switch housing (same housing two switches) that would cover the temp gauge, then maybe use a later style oil pressure switch, the one with a built in switch for the fuel pump to activate a light instead of the fuel pump. would have to invert the output but that would not be hard.

A 'better' and simpler solution yet is to add a tiny electrical contact to the gauge face at the low end of the oil pressure gauge needle. When the gauge drops to the danger point, the needle touches the added contact closing a circuit that then turns on an indicator lamp. 

Or you could just look at the gauge needle cause that's why its there.

Edited by zKars

Yeah, there are plenty of ways to skin this cat. One of the reasons I did what I did was that it's self contained all within the gauge. Running a new wire or two to sensors in the engine would be simpler from the electronics standpoint, but more complicated from the wiring standpoint. In any event, I'm very happy with mine, mostly because it's done.   LOL 

And Jim... You, of course, are completely correct. Looking at the gauges frequently enough is the bottom line "proper" solution. But I learned from experience that even though I thought I DID that, in fact, I did not.  I've grown confident and complacent.     :finger:

indeed, the self contained approach is less invasive to wiring. Very good point. Now if you can figure out a way to install an idiot light that comes on when people text while driving you should try out for "shark tank", not for them mind you as idiot is a forgone conclusion. Something that mounts on the roof for the rest of us.

• Haha 1