IGNORED

low oil pressure light (75 280z)

Dave WM

There is no provision for low oil pressure warning lights up to 78, maybe you're looking at a ZX manual?

The oil pressure gauges don't have a warning light, just the voltmeter. Let us know where you saw this mentioned in the manual.

more fun, page 98 front end shimmy, lol no kidding even when new. IIRC our 74 260 shimmy was fixed by getting rid of the turbine mags and going with stock steel rims. Always fun to read old owner manuals to see what the issues were back when new.

Haha! Yeah, I put that in.

Here's a thread about the mechanical part of the project. Pretty straight-forward:
https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/59361-temp-gauge-warning-idiot-lamp/

The real magic (and difficult part of the project) was the electronics behind the scenes to unobtrusively sense the signals and light the LED.

It all sounded so simple at the beginning... Couple of comparators, some resistors... You're done, right? Well, to make a long story short... After scoffing at a friend's suggestion that I should just put a microcontroller in there and do everything in the digital realm, I ended up doing just that. After much comparison of different designs, I was able to Muntz a microcontroller based version down to about half the number of components required to do it all analog. Counter-intuitive, but true.

So, in the end... the only computer controlled electronics in the car is that warning lamp, and I've got more processing horsepower in that little gauge than the first desktop PC computers. It cost about five bucks worth of parts and took me pretty much all of last winter. So it cost $thousands in labor.  

Another typical case of processors working differently in a sterile bench-top environment as opposed to the real world installation.

It's done.
It works.
And I'm glad it's over.   LOL

Edited by Captain Obvious
speling