IGNORED

New (To Me lol) 240z and Advice Needed

Jem2749

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

Wow that’s super clean. I like the fog lights!

What’s next on the list of stuff to do?

Taking some time this weekend to do a full "inspection" of the car and determining a course of action.  So far, there's no rust that I can find but that may change as I pull panels. 

I had the idea that I wanted to do a full restoration from the ground up, but that type of undertaking may be beyond me... and I want to be on the road, not in my garage for the next two years.  That said, the car is in really great shape so I think for now it's getting it running then focusing on updating the suspension / brakes, new paint / bodywork as needed, wheels & tires, and maybe a 5MT swap from the 280 I have sitting.  It feels like a crime to remove the original transmission but ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I'll bet you could bring that paint back without too much trouble, what a great find.  We all have dreams about finding a Z that hasn't been touched in decades.

The hood and front fenders need a total respray.  The tail light panel was also color matched in 1985 for whatever reason, but that's something I can easily fix myself.

The rest of the car is in relatively nice shape so with a detailed polish I think I can turn this from a 30 footer to a 10 foot car with no issue haha

On 11/5/2018 at 10:07 AM, Jem2749 said:

Series 1 (1971 I think ) 240z

I may have to keep it as original as possible out of respect for the car.

Just do it for your wallet, or both.  It has known history.  Quick resto and sale, then start another project maybe.  Although, the resto-mods seem to be doing well.

Did you ever post the VIN?  Some people want automatics.  I hear they drive pretty smooth.