IGNORED

New member, anything I must know?

calvinhg

Haha, the battle is raging on whether the 240z or the 280z is better LOL

So the electrical system is not that much of a problem in the 240z, and I'll fit fine in a 2-seater (I'm 6'2" but I had back trouble, so most of my height is in my legs).

But the 280z has better AC. Yes, I want AC, this is Texas :cool:. Though a retro fit might be enough?

Just wondering, is the fuel injection electronic on the 280z? I'm that kinda guy who wants a car that will survive an EMP. An electronic fuel pump won't, that's for sure...

And thanks for the answer about Dave Irwin, I'll def check that out.

I guess it goes back to the rust issue, if I find a good deal with little rust, gotta jump on it whether it's a 240z or a 280z ^_^

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

Haha, the battle is raging on whether the 240z or the 280z is better LOL

So the electrical system is not that much of a problem in the 240z, and I'll fit fine in a 2-seater (I'm 6'2" but I had back trouble, so most of my height is in my legs).

But the 280z has better AC. Yes, I want AC, this is Texas :cool:. Though a retro fit might be enough?

Just wondering, is the fuel injection electronic on the 280z? I'm that kinda guy who wants a car that will survive an EMP. An electronic fuel pump won't, that's for sure...

And thanks for the answer about Dave Irwin, I'll def check that out.

I guess it goes back to the rust issue, if I find a good deal with little rust, gotta jump on it whether it's a 240z or a 280z ^_^

If you want good AC then you 280z is better, the 240z used a system with the evap that is ahead of the blower motor, where the 280 put the evap right behind the vents after the motor, and had better ducting. As far as aftermarket kits I will say it again, a LOT of fabrication.

this guy did a video on it. Vintage air unit

The other thing about AC is both 240 and 280 had systems that used R-12, which is harder to get now. The system is sealed so it really should not leak, but lets face it, it will, and then you have to deal with it. R-134 conversion is an option, I have not done that, so you would need to do some research on what is needed. I have heard the biggest problem is the condenser not being up to the task but that is a generalization on conversions. Perhaps not the case with the Z. Also the hardest part to get with a 280z is the expansion valve, NLA so if its lost its charge or for some other reason not working then you will have to search out either an after market evap that fits the stock housing (out there but expensive) or try a used one that has a good expansion valve.

My only real beef with the aftermarket AC is I am a bit of a purist and prefer all the controls to work as designed. Most of the aftermarket AC units delete the venting function from the blower motor which is not how the orig worked. I would be nice if the aftermarket was functionally the same and could use all the same controls, but have not seen that.

As others have mentioned, best thing is to find one that has the least amount of rust, unless you are skilled at body work.

• 3 months later...

Yes, this is a pretty old thread. But I got a question and this is a pretty nice place to save all my info [emoji16]

So I often see this kinda bumper on cars for sale, and I'm really liking it. Anybody know if someone sells it, or is it something I'd have to make (or probably get made [emoji28])?
Not necessarily that exact bumper, but anything like it is good... Thanks [emoji3]00a0a_h62a0GOnTDG_1200x900.jpg

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

3 hours ago, lordkarma88 said:

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. I know what the bottom part is emoji12.png what I'm curious about is the part that protrudes out the most, which replaces the bumper.

Sent from my OP 3T using Classic Zcar Club mobile

It's all one piece. https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic02a01a/50-1504A

• Like 1