IGNORED

240z radios

loudoun

I believe the stock early 240z radios in the North American market were all AM Signal Seeking Hitachi units.

Probably sometime in 71 and certainly in 72 and 73 they were Hitachi AM/FM units. All were mono--none were stereo, but I think also by then you could order from the dealer cassette units as an accessory.

A good source would be the parts book.  27320-E4125  RECEIVER RADIO AM AUTO-TUNING was the first Hitachi radio through late 1971.  The E8800, E8825, and N3600 are the later AM/FM 5-button Hitachi radios.  There was also the optional AM 8-Track Stereo; 27350-E4126 and E4128.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:05 AM, Zup said:

I believe the stock early 240z radios in the North American market were all AM Signal Seeking Hitachi units.

Think so yes.. 

On the european market it were AM radio's with 5 presets but not Hitachi's… they came from CLARION!  On the facia (there were the midwave numbers stand.) was the name DATSUN also written.. (Datsun on the left and clarion on the right!)   Also mono but no auto signal seeking.