IGNORED

should I buy this car!?

mattjcr240

•  
    MattJCR240

Junior MemberJoin: Posts: 1

Should I buy this car?!

hopefully this post isnt out of line just need a little shove I guess. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 73 240z with a JCR wide body on it. car seems to run really well. maybe needs the carbs synched. the speed has obviously rolled over as it has 18000 miles on it. couldn't find any rust but there is a repair patch in the engine bay and it has new floor boards in it. the body kit has held up for at least 10 years. 4 speed manual interior decent. the price is 3000 usd. what do you experts think?

20180909_094541.jpg

23 hours ago, grannyknot said:

If you like the look then you could probably talk him down on price some more, but it won't have much resale value if you want to move on at a later time.

What he says...

If I ended up with that car, I would treat it like a rust bucket and pay to have the body put back to original. So from that standpoint, there is a lot of sheet metal there that needs repaired.

I guess it depends on what you want from the car.  Very few Z-owners would consider the wide body kit and rectangular headlights as a plus.  If it's in sound mechanical condition and not rusted out and you like the look then go for it.  Personally I suspect there are many gremlins hiding in that car.  Be careful.