IGNORED

datsunzgarage

zbert1

I put this info in another thread, but since this is a Datsunzgarage question thread I'll put it here too...

One correction that needs to be made to Datsunzgarage in the Engine section "Seventh - Ignition" it talks about if you do a 81 to 83 distributor you'll have to swap the E12-92 for an E12-80 module. This is NOT true. The E12-92 module works EXACTLY like the E12-80 module when you only use the "C" and "B" connections, just don't hook up anything else. I've been running an E12-92 module on my car for years with only the C and B connections and it works just like the E12-80.

Some people have had to either ground or power the other connection because, apparently, its transistor state will "float" (edit 2 - maybe it's not float, just a timing delay) and cause timing problems.  It's been written about.  So for some it's not a straight wire up and go option.

edit - here's one - https://ratsun.net/topic/56630-e12-92-retard-or-no-retard/

Edited by Zed Head

Not to be too argumentative, but my own personal experience with my series 1 240z and this thread over in zcar.com using only C and B terminals leaving the I and W terminals disconnected on the E12-92 module gives the same results as using the E12-80 module.

https://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/116513-e12-92-e12-80-a.html