IGNORED

What tires to get tall & big NO RUBBING

240z70

What is the biggest tire you can put on a 240Z with Panasports 15/7  -0-offset WITHOUT RUBBING?

Original OEM were 195/70

Currently I have 195/50/15 ZR and i want to go taller and wider....but dont want to rub.... Thinking of a 215/65x7,  would love to go with 225/60/7

Changing rims is not an option.  I like these.

Check a tire calculator. There was another tire size thread in the last week or so that had calculator links in it. Those wider tires you listed are going to need lower sidewall numbers to keep the speedo anywhere near accurate. I ran 225's (maybe) years ago but they did rub some on factory steelies

I was told 205/60 were the largest without issues rubbing. That's what I have. You could plug 205/50s in the calculator and see what it says. I'll get those next time around if they'll work.

Go to MSAs website and look  at the 15/7 Konig rewinds, scroll down to tire size and see what they say. I believe that's I went by?

Edited by siteunseen

The best seems to be: 225/55/R15. 

Same height , circumference, revs/mile.

-0.5" side wall height

1.18" greater in section width

If the rubbing occurs, the difference seems to be very slight that I should be able to roll the wheel well to accomdate the minor difference and/or adjust the car heigh with the Tokiko shocks/coilovers.  Suggestions?  This seems to be the most extreme look while fitting the space to its normal maximum with some minor changes if needed?