IGNORED

Rear suspension arms bushings

Is there a seal that goes between the strut and the control arm on each side to seal that area of the spindle pin? It looks like Jalex has the remnants of a seal showing but I didn't see anything on the carpartsmanual diagram

Somebody just asked about this, calling them "rubbers".  I thought he meant bushings but apparently he meant the seals.  Might be that Jalex doesn't really need the bushings.

Actually, Patcon, you were there in that thread.  I've not seen those inner "rubbers" but who knows.

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Somebody just asked about this, calling them "rubbers".  I thought he meant bushings but apparently he meant the seals.  Might be that Jalex doesn't really need the bushings.

Actually, Patcon, you were there in that thread.  I've not seen those inner "rubbers" but who knows.

I remember that now.

I think Jim is understanding what I was referring to. You can see what looks like 3/4 of a seal coming out between the control arm face and the strut tube.

53 minutes ago, zKars said:

There is no stock rubber or seal between the control arm and strut. It appears that someone did try to put something in there on this car.

Yeah, I didn't see anything on the diagram.

1 hour ago, zKars said:

There is no stock rubber or seal between the control arm and strut. It appears that someone did try to put something in there on this car.

Please look at the picture closely. The bushings i need are the ones that look bitten. Looks like a part of it fell down.

20180804_112508.jpg

He did.  We did.  We know what you're talking about.  Those aren't supposed to be there.  They are not bushings.  They are rubber seals, to keep dirt and moisture out.  Somebody added them to your car, they are not normal.

image.png

• Like 1

Then they stiffed you on those bushings...  The Energy master kit comes with bushings and metal sleeves to replace both sides of the rear lower control arm bushings (inner and outer (inboard and outboard)).  I was going to make a comment on your pictures of the LCA, rear hub, and pristine (if dirty) lock pin nut.  It's obvious that no one has pulled your spindle pin.  And it's very obvious that a new set of poly bushings has NOT been installed on the outboard side.

(In the picture above, the bushings for the rear outboard LCA are just above the steering rack bushings (8 black "tophats" and 4 metal tubes) - just above them is half of the inboard bushings for the rear LCA (4 large "tophats" and 2 large tubes))

edit: Looking at the pics again, those might be poly bushings, and the shop might have had a bad time getting getting that hub and LCA back together again...  (Is it really that dirty in Panama??  Only 3 years?)  With the Energy poly bushings, there should be bushing showing between the LCA and the hub -  it's a VERY tight fit and difficult to get together without damaging the bushing.  They may have cut that one putting it back together...  Those bushings can be a real challenge if you haven't done it a time or two. 

Edited by cgsheen1