Kevin McSweeney

California 1978 Datsun 280z Restomod

Some more progress photos. Slow progress but we finally got some high build primer on the hood and doors tonight. The plan was to have color on by end of the month but looks like it will be a week or so behind! Getting there!

IMG-0584.JPG

IMG-0585.JPG

IMG-0586.JPG

IMG-0587.JPG

IMG-0627.jpg

IMG-0628.jpg

IMG-0629.jpg

IMG-0630.jpg

IMG-0631.jpg

IMG-0632.jpg

IMG-0642.jpg

IMG-0643.jpg

• Like 3

Hi All,

I am planning to order Wesco Performance WELR-N seatbelts for my car, but it's a 78 and uses the bracket on the strut tower to mount the retractor. I believe earlier models and the Wesco belts are shown to mount higher up close to the top of the side windows. Does anybody know if the strut tower location will work with these belts? I don't have access to the belts or the car right now to get a better look ? but the belts have a long lead time so I want to get them ordered. 

The paint looks fantastic - nicely done, man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

She's back home in the garage now, and very pleased with the paint job. Reassembly over the next few weeks and hopefully on the road in the next 4-6 weeks.

DSC01935.JPG

DSC01934.JPG

DSC01933.JPG

DSC01932.JPG

A few more because... why not! Looks pretty mean with the air dam installed. Ignore the rear ride height, the rear doesn't have coilovers installed yet.

IMG-1077.jpg

IMG-1076.jpg

IMG-1075.jpg

IMG-1074.jpg

• Like 2