IGNORED

1970 240z Opinions on value

JSM

13 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

That car is sooo...sligthly worse than my 27th!  If you get the car and want to cut the roof off, I might go for the roof.  Is that rust or dents on the leading edge?  Otherwise, it looks pretty good?

Agreed, that car is toast.  I did see some interesting parts, though.  And never discount the hardware you can salvage.  All the little clips and tabs, the nuts and bolts.  They can get polished up and re-plated pretty easily.  I would be interested in the steering shaft, perhaps the rack.  Does it have tool lids behind the seats?  I could go for those.

The a/c compressor is vintage.  How's the wiring harness?

Let me know what you decide.  I say the car is worth $1,200

VIN 27 007.jpg

If for some reason he goes for it at $500, I’ll deliver it to your door for $1200.  Only contingency is you can’t back out! ?

Really didn’t check the wiring. Didn’t appear to be any rat droppings and no real smell which I was shocked. 

Both covers behind the seats were there. 

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

It would be interesting to see pictures of your car to see if your assessment of it being a parts car is correct. These cars get more salvageable every year...

Let's just say it looked better in the pictures, or even from 20ft. It doesn't have a lot of rust, but it does have a little rust in a good number of places, some of them very tricky to repair, such as the roof/quarter joint, and since the car isn't numbers matching or complete, it's not a resto candidate either. If someone wanted to put in the effort to fix the rust, and didn't mind it not being perfect when done, they could make a decent hot rod out of it, or maybe a race car. IMO that's all it's good for though. I'll offer it up before I think about scrapping it, but I want to weigh the bare shell against my 280Z, so I'm not done with it yet.

Edited by rturbo 930

You should go for this one instead, #3718 that appears original, in better shape, willing to bet numbers matching, and half the price.  And as a finder's fee just cut me a deal on the radio since I'm still trying to get one for my series 1 restoration. :beer:

Should probably act fast, this one won't last long

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/1970-datsun-240z-series-1ole/6662103012.html

image.jpg

image.jpg

The top half of that car looks pretty good. The bottom half not so much! 30 or so pictures and no floor board, frame rail or battery pics?????? I mean I realize they might be gone but it would be nice to see them. It is a fairly low number car, but it would have to have limited rust in some of the problem areas for me to consider it a possible project.

• 2 weeks later...