IGNORED

Side view mirror location

GGRIII

I'm putting a 240 mirror on a door skin that currently has no holes in it.  How far from from the leading edge of the door should the mirror be or what is the distance to the centers of the mounting holes.

I measured from the rear of the door since it's a relatively straight (right angle) surface (and the front of the door is all sloped and difficult to find a reference point that we could all be clear on...)

From the rear:

28 1/16" (more like 28 3/32") to the center of the aft (rearward) hole.  The aft mirror hole is slightly larger than 1/2" (a 1/2" drill bit is slightly loose in this original hole)

29 1/4" (more like 29 9/32") to the center of the forward hole.  A 5/16" drill bit fits nicely in this original hole.

I'll try to post a picture.

* edited to correct "5/26" drill bit - should be: 5/16" drill bit as the proper size for the forward hole

Edited by cgsheen1
fat fingers...

My car is a 240z with a 5 speed 280z manual transmission. What i want to accomplish is a fast response from 1st gear. After 3000k it gets really speedy. Fast response from traffic light. Maybe its the nature of the beast. I dont think swapping to holley 4 barrell 390cfm will change this.

8 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

My car is a 240z with a 5 speed 280z manual transmission. What i want to accomplish is a fast response from 1st gear. After 3000k it gets really speedy. Fast response from traffic light. Maybe its the nature of the beast. I dont think swapping to holley 4 barrell 390cfm will change this.

Nope, a 4 barrel isn't going to help. It's a gearing issue, simple physics

2 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

I like that transmission and will not change it.

Your other option then would be to change the differential to a lower geared unit. You would need to identify what you have currently and then find a suitable replacement. The change out isn't too hard, but finding a good unit with the ratio you want might be

3 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

What about changing atf with 3 in one motor oil blue label? Will it nake any difference when launching from traffic light in 1st gear? Quick response??

Nope! Your car was running too rich. Which means it was getting more fuel than the air it had needed. Adding more fuel isn't going to help that. It will just make it rich again.

Engines are just air pumps. they can only ingest so much air based on their configuration and the individual components. That amount of air needs a precise amount of fuel to run right. Not too lean and not too rich. Adding more fuel with damper oil or float changes or mixture nuts isn't going to make the engine consume more air