IGNORED

ZTherapy Carbs

SteveC-VA

• 4 weeks later...

I did my own rebuilding but with ZTherapy parts. Their kit was much more expensive than others out there. It was also much more comprehensive and when I had some questions, they freely offered technical advice over the phone. The only complaint I have is that their video was a bit out of date. I'll be visiting them next time I rebuild my SU's. 

One of the biggest improvements Ztherapy makes is the replacement of the brass bushing which allow air in (ie vacuum leak) that makes tuning difficult.

72 body with 71 interior, Eibach, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Zstory, SUs, BRE Libre wheels and front spoiler.

2 minutes ago, 7tooZ said:

One of the biggest improvements Ztherapy makes is the replacement of the brass bushing which allow air in (ie vacuum leak) that makes tuning difficult.

72 body with 71 interior, Eibach, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Zstory, SUs, BRE Libre wheels and front spoiler.

Can you post a pic of that part?

13 hours ago, 7tooZ said:

I should have gone with ztherapy. The outfit I went with really let me down. The car was not driveable due to a sticking throttle on the rear carb and the guy who rebuilt  them would not even answer my emails/texts. I think I finally isolated the problem to the throttle plate itself but I will not know until I get them back on the car. Right now I am waiting for new  throttle plate screws from the guy who rebuilt them but I have no idea when or if they they will arrive (communication is brutal). I did order a set of screws from SU in Britain but they were the wrong size (2-weeks wasted)

I will probably do a write up once I get them back on the car and running. I don’t want to get into too much detail at this point as I would like to resolve it before posting anything negative. 

3 hours ago, colinc said:

I should have gone with ztherapy. The outfit I went with really let me down. The car was not driveable due to a sticking throttle on the rear carb and the guy who rebuilt  them would not even answer my emails/texts. I think I finally isolated the problem to the throttle plate itself but I will not know until I get them back on the car. Right now I am waiting for new  throttle plate screws from the guy who rebuilt them but I have no idea when or if they they will arrive (communication is brutal). I did order a set of screws from SU in Britain but they were the wrong size (2-weeks wasted)

I will probably do a write up once I get them back on the car and running. I don’t want to get into too much detail at this point as I would like to resolve it before posting anything negative. 

I don't know what it would take to mail you some screws but I have a set that has the little screws in it. I am sure I have 4 extra...

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer Patcon. If you have a set of new screws (the ones with the notch cut in the ends) i would be happy to pay for the screws and postage to Ontario Canada. I will PM you and we can discuss.

Edited by colinc