motorman7

We're bringin' back the Flat Tops!

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

What he said. There are two completely separate (identical?) disks. I'll see if I can get a pic of the parts and post them.

Thanks, Capt and motorman! That's really helpful info because the disk doesn't SEEM like it comes apart and I was afraid I would bend it by prying on it too much. I'll try soaking it.

Glad to help. Here's some pics. This is all the parts for the power valve:
P1150494.JPG

And here's a close-up of the washers in question:
P1150500.JPG

Here's the parts assembled on the sealing bolt sans diaphragm. The diaphragm goes between the two large washers:
P1150501.JPG

Good luck!!

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Glad to help. Here's some pics. This is all the parts for the power valve:
P1150494.JPG

And here's a close-up of the washers in question:
P1150500.JPG

Here's the parts assembled on the sealing bolt sans diaphragm. The diaphragm goes between the two large washers:
P1150501.JPG

Good luck!!

That's awesome. I'm in Vegas for work this week, but will start soaking mine when I get back this weekend. thanks again!

Today on the Facebook S30 group page is a post from an Australian titled "Flat Tops FTW 😂".  The post was just a video of a walk around of a smoothly running right hand drive  240/260Z with the Flat tops shown at the end of the video.  Looks like they are getting some international love.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/480008718866422/permalink/1132514976949123/