IGNORED

We're bringin' back the Flat Tops!

motorman7

Cleaned then painted the inside of the fenders with POR-15, then a light undercoat.  Installed and aligned fenders and side marker lights along with a few engine items.  Here is a quick phone pic of the car along with my embarrassing garage stuff in the background.  We're getting closer.  I really need a larger place.  Will pick up the hood and remaining body parts next week.

240Z1.jpg

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 2

I was a little surprised to find that the stock headlights for the '73 are H4 style headlights.  The old ones (aftermarket) on this car are Cibie H4's.  I Found some Kioto H4's so I installed those.  These are  the 'new style' Kioto H4's as the original style had a more rounded face.  Also got a few more tubes installed on the engine.

DSCF8220.JPG

DSCF8226.JPG

DSCF8221.JPG

DSCF8223.JPG

DSCF8228.JPG

• Like 1

Got the air cleaner back from Powder coating.  Installed loosely just to see how everything looks.

Meant to comment on the wires above.  I thought that I would need to make a new radio and antenna harness after pulling these two cables off of the dash harness.  I lucked out however, as these were the cables that were the original radio leads.  Somewhere out there is an original radio with the cables cut off.  The new OEM radio just plugged right in making things easy.

20190628_123538.jpg

20190628_123550.jpg

• Like 4

Wife was out of town this weekend so got a ton of stuff done.  Also had @jayhawk and his brother stop by and provide support.  Got almost all of the engine plumbing in, radio,  heater panel along with horns, engine light and a number of other items.  Put in the battery and the electrical is in great shape.  All of the running lights are working, radio and antenna work well (Andy and I even listened to a bit of AM talk show radio), interior lights and vent control panel lights are working nice.  The LEDs work great on the dash, but not sure if they are truly adjustable.  Will check this when it is darker.  Overall, pretty happy with the progress.  Pushing to get this looking nice for the Branson show.  Alternator and last of the body parts will be coming in this week.   Also put in oil and water.  Engine turned over nicely and we have spark.  After I double check all the brake line connections and put in fluid, we will put some fuel in her and see how she does.  We are getting pretty close.  Latest  pics are below. 

DSCF8252.JPG

DSCF8254.JPG

DSCF8257.JPG

DSCF8258.JPG

DSCF8262.JPG

DSCF8265.JPG

DSCF8268.JPG

DSCF8269.JPG

DSCF8270.JPG

DSCF8272.JPG

• Like 2

It looks great. Led's are not so easy to dimm. Not with the original turn resistance they keep on down to a certain voltage and then turn off . I think you need a pwm.

Edited by munters

Very close to finishing here.  Got the clutch and brakes bled today.  Also installed the final body panels. Just a few more details to finish up and she will be good to go.  It's the mad scramble before ZCON in Branson.  Right now we are in pretty good shape.  Here are the latest pics.

The body pics still do not show up well.  The paint job is pretty amazing.

DSCF8274.JPG

DSCF8277.JPG

DSCF8276.JPG

DSCF8280.JPG

DSCF8282.JPG

DSCF8287.JPG

DSCF8290.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1