IGNORED

Carcapsule

JSM

3 hours ago, grannyknot said:

You could get a welding tank full of Nitrogen and fill it with that, no humidity, no oxygen to react and age it.

It would be in stasis, preserved for eons.

The older I get the more OCD I’ve become. I don’t understand it. Sometimes I have to stop myself and say who cares. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I have some issues. Now that that’s out of the way....

I bought the car pocket above for $265 shipped. It’s really a big ziplock bag.  I bought a 9x16 single carport from Walmart online for $90 shipped. And a 11x17 tarp from HB for $15. A mini powered dehumidifier off Amazon for $40. So Total $410. 

I lucked out all the bricks the car is sitting on due to the construction behind me I got them all free. Just asked the lead contractor and he said have it. Was able to squeeze out a 8’6” x 18’6” pad. 

I started to use pvc as a frame.  Only building just half of what I needed out of pvc I was at $53 and it was way to flimsy. I would have cost me $150 in pvc all said and done. So the carport was perfect. To fit the Z I just didn’t use all the parts. Drove the Z right in. 

In the AM humidity was 70%  checked in the afternoon it was down to 40%!  The harbor freight tarp is to protect the car pocket. After a heavy rain I’ll need to check for any water intrusion.

Now I have space in my garage to work. 

C449EB8C-FA1C-433A-A59D-4302F445CA77.jpeg

55FE2FE6-ECF3-451E-832E-7E773FC8227C.jpeg

034B0CE6-BC1E-49D8-983E-6609C73E88A1.jpeg

1277ABCB-6AE4-4618-8758-8B532013AF1D.jpeg

14 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Looks good,  how does the dehumidifier drain the water it extracts?

It’s got a small tank in it. I empty it every few days. Should be less now. It does have an auto shut off feature too. 

First heavy rain storm nice and dry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Mine too. I usually set on 2 hours every morning about 6am then once more after lunch.  Fills the 2.5 gallon container everyday.

Amazing to me how much water it pulls.

Holy cow that is a lot of water. My tank is only about 16oz. You might have more hummidty than we get though. 

• Like 1