IGNORED

Just what the Doctor ordered. 1977 280z

grannyknot

It does look solid, engine bay is silver,

Nature abhors a vacuum and that car sized void in my storage area has been sucking pretty hard, look what it hoovered up, a 1973 510, body done and painted this last summer, all glass, all chrome, most of the interior and comes with a SR20DET and matching 5spd trans.  The guy I bought it off put 7 yrs into it but realized he would never finish it, I know I certainly will. Boxes and boxes of stuff to go through, can't wait :bunny:

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

IMG_0043 (1024x768).jpg

• Like 3

Granny,

Excellent buy. I saw that one on Kijiji and it looked really good. I was tempted as a Datsun 510 was my first car at 16. However, I barely get time to work on my Z so I’m glad you got it. It will be a nice quick, clean project for you. 

1 hour ago, colinc said:

Granny,

Excellent buy. I saw that one on Kijiji and it looked really good. I was tempted as a Datsun 510 was my first car at 16. However, I barely get time to work on my Z so I’m glad you got it. It will be a nice quick, clean project for you. 

Well clean as least, quick not so much, a few projects and obligations have to finished first but I'm not bitching, too much to be thankful for.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 6:47 PM, grannyknot said:

WooHoo,  I picked up my bucket of treasure from the platers today, very happy with what he did. Now I have to sort it out and try and get all the bolts back in the right baggie.  CO, the worst exhaust is the last pic, not really bad at all.

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

Chris,

Any chance you could shoot me a PM with the name of the plater you used.  I am having little success with my guy.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

So I guess this is the end to this thread, the 280 is in Dubai now and up for sale at Tomini Classics.  I would love to know what they are asking for it but it says the price is TBA, I guess they want you in the showroom before they hit you with it.

https://www.tominiclassics.com/featcar/datsun-280z/

Edited by grannyknot
  • Like 2