IGNORED

Purchased my First S30 Today!

Champs74S30

5 hours ago, Champs74S30 said:

Thanks! Got ya... just wanted to know which they were referring to when “round tops” were mentioned.... and I figured the brick y’all are looking at was a factory optioned cruise control alternative.

I thought the brick was used for ROAD RAGE back in the 70's:D

• Haha 2

"Round tops" refers to the earlier 240z SU carbs. Many people convert "flat tops" to "round tops". Some would argue the flat tops can be made to perform. Although they are more complicated...

Look at Ztherapy's website...

• Like 2

That car looks great and like others have said it is without a doubt an early 260Z.  Yes our cars are quite close in production!  You have the original 4 speed shift knob with the green shift pattern insert.  I had one of those on my car for a long time and it is a piece not seen regularly.  Is your car an air-conditioning car?  I am not sure, but it seems that the only factory options offered for us North American's was the colors of the paint and interior, auto or 4 Spd, and with or without air conditioning.  

My car also had the Webber DGV carburetors and I have since installed a pair of roundup carbs from a 72' 240Z.  These cars are great and I look forward to your build.  

Sincerely,

Ben

P.S. The last picture was how my car started out in 2001.  The other photos are how it looks today.

IMG_7269.JPG

IMG_7253.JPG

IMG_4902.PNG

Edited by v12horse
  • Like 2

On 3/18/2018 at 4:47 PM, rturbo 930 said:

That's an early 260Z, guys. It has small bumpers, 240Z style turn signals, and bumper indents on the rear quarter panels.

On 3/18/2018 at 5:11 PM, Champs74S30 said:

from what I’ve read, I thought it was an early one, because of the lights, and I have read that 8/74 was the beginning or the 74.5... BUUUT, I knew y’all would know. LOL so I didn’t assume anything.

I looked into this too when I picked up a 260. From what I understand is up to VIN 060000 is early, and VIN 060001 and on is late. 

This one is 035xxx, so I would call it an early 260.