IGNORED

Should I be concerned?

rcb280z

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/15/2018 at 1:51 PM, 240260280 said:

I have two of these paperweights too.  I just dropped them off with a crank at the engine shop to fix the non-fit issue.  I'll let you know how it goes.

btw the document that comes with these "performance " dampers specs 6500 rpm as the max.

Here is what I got back from their Tech support:

"We have been selling that damper for a very long time and I have never heard of anyone having an issue with it not going on the crank. We do not have any facilities for machine work here so there is nothing we can do. My suggestion is to have a machine shop hone it out until it fits. 

You are aware that it is a press fit onto the crank? Sometimes submerging the damper in boiling water for about ten or fifteen minutes allows it to expand enough to go on the crank. Make sure you have some kind of hand protection if you attempt this to keep from burning yourself."

Jim Davis
Tech Support

11 minutes ago, Lumens said:

Here is what I got back from their Tech support:

That damper has had known issues for yeeeeeeaaaarrrrrsssss.  I think it's always been bad, somebody got their specs wrong from the start.  Jim is either ignorant or lying.  I'd guess that because the Z market is small, that he's just ignorant.

Edit - This is the sad part.  Suggesting he's a new guy, new school, not-my-problem school.  Old school would get information and try to make it right.  

"We do not have any facilities for machine work here so there is nothing we can do. My suggestion is to have a machine shop hone it out until it fits."

Edit 2 - Just realized that "we do not have any facilities" probably means that it's made in Asia, under contract.  They probably don't even make parts any more.  Somebody bought the Powerforce name and is milking it.

Edited by Zed Head