IGNORED

81 280z part out

Zrallysport

Parting out an 81 280z, complete engine,  with wiring, turns over by hand, 5 speed(spins smoothly) with flywheel pedals dust cover and driveshaft, complete trim, misc interior parts and pieces. I'll post pictures asap. Feel free to message me with any questions 

20180211_180115.jpg

13132.jpeg

13134.jpeg

Edited by Zrallysport

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/11/2018 at 2:30 PM, AARP260 said:

How much are you asking for the 5 speed?  Does it need to be rebuilt?

I'd like to get 800 for the 5 speed with all the related parts, but I'm open to reasonable offers. Not looking to get rich, just want a fair price. It doesn't seem like it needs a rebuild, but I havent taken it apart to guarantee 

Just curious, but have you owned a Z or ZX, and driven one?  Or did you just pick up an old car?  No offense intended.  I've not heard anyone call $800 for a used ZX 5 speed and flywheel a fair price.  Might be different up in Buffalo though.  Seems like you might be new to the world of Z's.  Maybe surfing the California Datsun web site and getting wrong impressions.

Did you drive the car before deciding to part out?  Then you'd know more.  Do you have mileage on the parts?  And is the flywheel 225 or 240mm (coupe or 2+2)?

Good luck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Just curious, but have you owned a Z or ZX, and driven one?  Or did you just pick up an old car?  No offense intended.  I've not heard anyone call $800 for a used ZX 5 speed and flywheel a fair price.  Might be different up in Buffalo though.  Seems like you might be new to the world of Z's.  Maybe surfing the California Datsun web site and getting wrong impressions.

Did you drive the car before deciding to part out?  Then you'd know more.  Do you have mileage on the parts?  And is the flywheel 225 or 240mm (coupe or 2+2)?

Good luck.

Wow seems like a fast way of killing a post thanks. It's a low milage car I'm parting gauges and all. As I said I want a fair price, but if I say I want 500, all day long I get 'I'll give you 200' if I say 300 I'll get 150 offers, if I say make me an offer I never hear back....so like I said I'd like 800 who doesnt like money, but I'm open to fair offers since there's no like exact set price list for value. And yeah I have a Z car, just not your kind of z

People ask for advice about price all the time on the forum.  If your post was on Craigslist somebody could start a thread here asking if $800 was a fair price for a used 280ZX 5 speed.

I was politely suggesting that it's kind of high.  If you know the mileage why not post the number?  It makes a difference in making a sale.  Good luck. 

I'm doing you a favor.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zrallysport said:

Wow seems like a fast way of killing a post thanks. It's a low milage car I'm parting gauges and all. As I said I want a fair price, but if I say I want 500, all day long I get 'I'll give you 200' if I say 300 I'll get 150 offers, if I say make me an offer I never hear back....so like I said I'd like 800 who doesnt like money, but I'm open to fair offers since there's no like exact set price list for value. And yeah I have a Z car, just not your kind of z

It may not seem like it but he is trying to help you, like he does most people. Did you bother to notice his posts count? 9,000+ if you filled in the blanks like he asked it might help things move along. Also if you start too high many people right it off as being unreasonably high...best of luck.

• Like 1