IGNORED

280z Master Cylinder Heat Shield Picture Request

heyitsrama

Hey,

I needed to refer to pictures of the master cylinder heat shield for 77-78? 280zs. I wanted to apply it to my 260, I would think that the brackets mount to the master/booster?

If anyone has pictures that would be really helpful!

Regards,

Rama

That's a hard area to photograph with the engine in place.  Here are a couple of overheads of mine. The brackets do not mount to the booster, they mount to the fender well below and above the master cylinder.

DSC01387.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

Edited by gwri8
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2018 at 12:26 AM, heyitsrama said:

Hey,

I needed to refer to pictures of the master cylinder heat shield for 77-78? 280zs. I wanted to apply it to my 260, I would think that the brackets mount to the master/booster?

If anyone has pictures that would be really helpful!

Regards,

Rama

Here's a good shot of one.  Thanks to @Kevin McSweeney

IMG-1381.JPG

IMG-1410.JPG

• 5 years later...

Does anyone have pics of the brackets that tie this shield to the inner fender/frame rail, or access to the original parts catalog so I can figure them out that way?

The upper tie plate appears to be relatively straight forward, going to the same location as the bay light on my 75? The lower bracket I have no idea.

I want to add that shield to my 75 280Z

Thanks in advance

With having two heat shields and two top brackets I thought for sure I would have a lower one. So far I have not been able to find it. Maybe the rust out. 

There are welded nuts in the frame rail above the tension rod mount. On my 75 the forward one had the brake line clamp. the rearward one is unused. 

4 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

With having two heat shields and two top brackets I thought for sure I would have a lower one. So far I have not been able to find it. Maybe the rust out. 

There are welded nuts in the frame rail above the tension rod mount. On my 75 the forward one had the brake line clamp. the rearward one is unused. 

Thanks for responding. So, the lower bracket attaches to the two mount points in the frame rail (vertical surface?). Do you have any recollection of what it looks like, is it essentially an upside-down L? 

47 minutes ago, HusseinHolland said:

Thanks for responding. So, the lower bracket attaches to the two mount points in the frame rail (vertical surface?). Do you have any recollection of what it looks like, is it essentially an upside-down L? 

Well I don't have one so I can only guess. I think it would wrap the rail in an L fashion. The was another threaded hole on the side too, perhaps a three point mount?

Then the two tabs stick out into the bay, to bolt the shield to. IMO

8 minutes ago, gwri8 said:

These two pics should help.

Thank you - that makes the positioning & upper bracket clear. I will just have to make a mock up bracket that positions the shield at that place relative to the frame rail.

As an aside, I see that the booster check valve is placed with the grey side facing the intake. On my 75, the (original) valve was also placed that way, however the arrow markings and blow-through indicate that is should be facing the opposite way. Is yours original?

Edited by HusseinHolland