IGNORED

Am I getting old...

JSM

8 hours ago, JSM said:

Can you believe that is $3800 to fix?  I cashed out and will be selling the truck!  From my research the truck was only worth $2500 at best.  I only paid $1200.

I was gonna tell you that was a significant amount of damage but I didn't want to be a downer. :tapemouth:  Sounds like it will work out ok since you're in the truck so cheap! B)

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I was gonna tell you that was a significant amount of damage but I didn't want to be a downer. :tapemouth:  Sounds like it will work out ok since you're in the truck so cheap! B)

Well I paid 1200. All said and done I have 3150 in her. I’m kinda goofy though I keep spreadsheets on stuff I buy to see what it really cost, minus gas and insurance.  But I’m still ahead :). It was fairly clean before now. 

1 hour ago, wheee! said:

I got rear ended last Thursday... inattentive driver hit my stopped vehicle at about 70kmh. Damages will be over $10000 for sure. Luckily I only have a sore back, nothing broken.
It sucks to be in accidents.

That sucks. Glad your okay. I just did something to my neck tonight just turning my head! Sitting on the couch now with heating pad. Sucks getting old. 

13 hours ago, wheee! said:

I got rear ended last Thursday... inattentive driver hit my stopped vehicle at about 70kmh. Damages will be over $10000 for sure. Luckily I only have a sore back, nothing broken.
It sucks to be in accidents.

Be careful with that.  I've been rear ended twice.  The first time, I thought  no big deal since it was under 25mph.  I had no injury at the time and the lady's insurance was Very quick to settle,  within a few days even. I was amazed at their efficiency!    About a week after that, I was introduced to a latent case of Mr Whiplash. That's according to a Chiropractor.   It Sucked.

Woof. Let's hope this isn't a trend. Hope everyone is OK!!

My first Z was totaled on the highway at the hands of a eighteen wheeler. I (unbelievably) walked away without a scratch, but I didn't sleep well for a long time. Every time I closed my eyes, I replayed the accident in my mind. I don't think there was any direct physical injury as a result of the accident, but there were latent muscle cramps all over that I believe were stress induced. The other guys insurance was quite interested in settling as well.

It requires hand gestures and such, but someone remind me at Zcon and I'll go through the whole accident description. It's quite entertaining (now).   :o