IGNORED

Without a 240Z after 5 years

djwarner

Friends,

For the first time in 5 years I am without my 240Z. It sold last Friday at Mecum's auction in Kissimmee. Watching the bidders viewing the cars earlier in the day, I realized the curse of the automatic transmission remained. As such, the Z brought less than I had hoped for, but more than I feared it would bring. So I guess it was a satisfactory result.

Just wanted to take this time to thank all of you who have helped me over these last 5 years. And to anyone my postings may have helped, it was my pleasure. In all this group has been one of the kindest, and considerate group I have had the pleasure to being associated.

The hole in my garage means I have some extra parts and I would like to offer them for sale to any of you who might use them.

• I have a Series I heater box with serviceable heater core.
  • I also have the Series I heater fan with a good resistor block. (I may also have the fan switch, I will have to dig into my stocks to verify).
  • I have a set of 2 each 4 screw SU carbs I bought from Madkaw. The pistons are free but otherwise, their condition is unknown.

If you are interested in any of these, please PM me.

As for my current project, I am putting a 330hp Camaro 3.6L V6 into my 2011 MiataChimera along with a 6 speed AT. Other have transplanted this engine, but I believe Mine will be the first AT. I've got the mechanicals in place and will start the merging of the LANs next. 

MiataChimera.jpg

• Like 1

I just see NASCAR junk at 10:00.  Says "live".  Not sure how that works.

Edit: maybe you meant 9 hours.  Watching now...

Yes, 9 hours, 57 minutes.  

Edit 3 - that video is addictive...  can't believe what some of those old beaters are selling for.  People paying for their high school memories...

Edited by Zed Head

I would second the motion. Swapping to a MT even if just to facilitate a sale would be worth the effort.

At Mecum's I expected there would be enough Millenials and/or wives to stimulate a sale. There was one woman bidder on site but she dropped out at $7k.

Edited by djwarner