lonetreesteve

#305 on Bring a Trailer

That's in much better shape than 27th was.  Blue on blue - very pretty color combo.

• Like 1

A very doable car. The floor boards are toast, but in my opinion the hardest part to fix on the whole car is that bad dent to the left of the rear hatch. The metal there is paper thin and extremely hard to weld or hammer on...

Yes, I remember when you bought #27. That had to be at  least 11 or 12 years ago.  I've always thought how cool it must be to have both #26 and #27!  How are your restorations coming along?

• Like 1

Well....life took an opposite tac back in 2008 and we just seem to be getting back on course now.  Both cars and the donor body shell have been in dry storage.  26th is about ready for paint.  Meanwhile, almost all of the drive train has been restored.  I still need to decide what to do about shocks and I haven't done the carburetors yet.  I need a big chunk of change to make the body green again.  Then there is the whole question of the interior.  I have a way to go.

It was good to watch the auction and get into the conversation.  HLS30U-00305 is going to need floors and frame rails.  The rear quarter is not going to be easy either.  It looked solid, other than that.  Gas tank looked all bent up.  The thing is that these cars are appreciating fast enough such that the car will be worth close to what is in it by the time it is finished.  Or at least one can hope!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

Well....life took an opposite tac back in 2008 and we just seem to be getting back on course now.  Both cars and the donor body shell have been in dry storage.  26th is about ready for paint.  Meanwhile, almost all of the drive train has been restored.  I still need to decide what to do about shocks and I haven't done the carburetors yet.  I need a big chunk of change to make the body green again.  Then there is the whole question of the interior.  I have a way to go.

It was good to watch the auction and get into the conversation.  HLS30U-00305 is going to need floors and frame rails.  The rear quarter is not going to be easy either.  It looked solid, other than that.  Gas tank looked all bent up.  The thing is that these cars are appreciating fast enough such that the car will be worth close to what is in it by the time it is finished.  Or at least one can hope!

Good to hear that things are back on course for 26th and that you are making progress!

$11k  looks to be well-bought for #305, as I was guessing it would go for about $15k based on its condition and the matching-numbers engine, etc.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Some hope for HLS30-00147.

That's cool that you own #147!  What are the car's original exterior and interior colors and does #147 have its original matching-numbers engine? 

2 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

That's cool that you own #147!  What are the car's original exterior and interior colors and does #147 have its original matching-numbers engine? 

It was blue with black interior.  Lots missing (hood and hatch) and welded on (front clip). Chassis and doors are original.  Engine is now L26 but I picked up a 1969 engine and transmission in Florida to go in it.

15 hours ago, 240260280 said:

It was blue with black interior.  Lots missing (hood and hatch) and welded on (front clip). Chassis and doors are original.  Engine is now L26 but I picked up a 1969 engine and transmission in Florida to go in it.

Good color combination. I also like the blue with the blue interior on the '70 -'71 model year 240Zs. That's great that you were able to find a 1969 engine and transmission!  Series I rear hatches are out there, but the clear hatch glass and '69 production hood are going to be a tough find.  Good luck with both your parts search and your restoration!

41 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Good color combination. I also like the blue with the blue interior on the '70 -'71 model year 240Zs. That's great that you were able to find a 1969 engine and transmission!  Series I rear hatches are out there, but the clear hatch glass and '69 production hood are going to be a tough find.  Good luck with both your parts search and your restoration!

I have #249 with all of the '69 goodies including original glass.  Slowly gathering parts for #147.

17 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I have #249 with all of the '69 goodies including original glass.  Slowly gathering parts for #147.

That's great that #249 has all of its original parts and she looks to be in very good shape!  

I felt it was a little on the low side price wise, but I'm partial to Blue on Blue as a colour combo. I love it. I don't think Australian market HS30's got that combo, 903 blue is a really pretty blue on S30Z's.

I don't think the quarter panel was that bad really, a good old school panel beater could get that pretty right. Someone with more limited skills like me would be better off unpicking it and finding a NOS 1/4 panel to work with.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2017 at 3:10 PM, 240260280 said:

That's great. They should keep you busy and out of trouble for a long time. Didn't know you had two 69's.

I have my hands full with just one Z. :) And some of you guys have several Z's. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gav240z said:

I felt it was a little on the low side price wise, but I'm partial to Blue on Blue as a colour combo.

HLS30-00126 was the first blue on blue that I can see in the Z reg file.

HLS30-00302 was the second blue on blue that I can see in the Z reg file so 305 maybe part of a blue batch.

HLS30-00110 with a build date of 12-69 was a blue on blue but I did not put it on the Z register, thought the new owner might want do it.

Bonzi Lon

• Like 2

@Bonzi Lon

Did my day good to see you post!

How the hell are you Bonzi??? Have missed see you at Branson for a couple of years now and hope you are o.k.

That roof offer still stands!!  :P

Jim Daniels

Zup

Hello, I’m Chris from the Netherlands. I’m new here and looking for people who can help me on specific parts. As the blue panels and the right vinyl. Als looking for a left door clear glass window. 

about the car, it was in much better condition as I expected it to be. 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 11:05 PM, christoffel said:

Hello, I’m Chris from the Netherlands. I’m new here and looking for people who can help me on specific parts. As the blue panels and the right vinyl. Als looking for a left door clear glass window. 

about the car, it was in much better condition as I expected it to be. 

Good to hear from you, Chris!  I'm glad to hear that #305 arrived in the Netherlands and is in better shape than you expected!