IGNORED

#305 on Bring a Trailer

lonetreesteve

Well....life took an opposite tac back in 2008 and we just seem to be getting back on course now.  Both cars and the donor body shell have been in dry storage.  26th is about ready for paint.  Meanwhile, almost all of the drive train has been restored.  I still need to decide what to do about shocks and I haven't done the carburetors yet.  I need a big chunk of change to make the body green again.  Then there is the whole question of the interior.  I have a way to go.

It was good to watch the auction and get into the conversation.  HLS30U-00305 is going to need floors and frame rails.  The rear quarter is not going to be easy either.  It looked solid, other than that.  Gas tank looked all bent up.  The thing is that these cars are appreciating fast enough such that the car will be worth close to what is in it by the time it is finished.  Or at least one can hope!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 26th-Z said:

Well....life took an opposite tac back in 2008 and we just seem to be getting back on course now.  Both cars and the donor body shell have been in dry storage.  26th is about ready for paint.  Meanwhile, almost all of the drive train has been restored.  I still need to decide what to do about shocks and I haven't done the carburetors yet.  I need a big chunk of change to make the body green again.  Then there is the whole question of the interior.  I have a way to go.

It was good to watch the auction and get into the conversation.  HLS30U-00305 is going to need floors and frame rails.  The rear quarter is not going to be easy either.  It looked solid, other than that.  Gas tank looked all bent up.  The thing is that these cars are appreciating fast enough such that the car will be worth close to what is in it by the time it is finished.  Or at least one can hope!

Good to hear that things are back on course for 26th and that you are making progress!

$11k  looks to be well-bought for #305, as I was guessing it would go for about $15k based on its condition and the matching-numbers engine, etc.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

That's cool that you own #147!  What are the car's original exterior and interior colors and does #147 have its original matching-numbers engine? 

It was blue with black interior.  Lots missing (hood and hatch) and welded on (front clip). Chassis and doors are original.  Engine is now L26 but I picked up a 1969 engine and transmission in Florida to go in it.

15 hours ago, 240260280 said:

It was blue with black interior.  Lots missing (hood and hatch) and welded on (front clip). Chassis and doors are original.  Engine is now L26 but I picked up a 1969 engine and transmission in Florida to go in it.

Good color combination. I also like the blue with the blue interior on the '70 -'71 model year 240Zs. That's great that you were able to find a 1969 engine and transmission!  Series I rear hatches are out there, but the clear hatch glass and '69 production hood are going to be a tough find.  Good luck with both your parts search and your restoration!

41 minutes ago, lonetreesteve said:

Good color combination. I also like the blue with the blue interior on the '70 -'71 model year 240Zs. That's great that you were able to find a 1969 engine and transmission!  Series I rear hatches are out there, but the clear hatch glass and '69 production hood are going to be a tough find.  Good luck with both your parts search and your restoration!

I have #249 with all of the '69 goodies including original glass.  Slowly gathering parts for #147.