saturday night music thread - Page 116 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

saturday night music thread

Featured Replies

Always a great play for July 4th regardless of your politics.

Folder.jpg

On 04.07.2026 at 20:57, w3wilkes said:

Завжди чудова вистава на 4 липня, незалежно від ваших політичних поглядів.

Папка.jpg

Gostei da tua escolha! Eu apoio-te. Para além da música, também gosto de relaxar nesta plataforma: https://luckia.co.com/ . Aconselho-vos a experimentarem também, malta.

Edited by rex_morten

Ukrainian and Portuguese. The second might make sense if the guy was messing around or was from Brasil (Brazil - I might be a bot!) or Portugal, but how does w3wilkes's post get converted to Ukrainian? Weird stuff!

Posting an image so "he" won't know. 😎

It said "I like your choice! I support you.".

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

  • 2 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw this picture a few months ago and realized something I've never thought about, I'm close to 60 years old too. Read about it and found out it is just a coincidence. Before the 33 1/3 came out 78s were just called records like acoustic guitars were guitars before electric ones came out. There's a word for that, I can't think of it now though. Retronym is what they're called.

TIL - A 78 is 33 + 45 : r/vinyl

My father refused to get with the CD craze for quite a while because the digital format didn't capture all of the sound, like vinyl or tape. It was a topic back then for the audiophiles. He gave in eventually.

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

My father refused to get with the CD craze for quite a while because the digital format didn't capture all of the sound, like vinyl or tape. It was a topic back then for the audiophiles. He gave in eventually.

Myself, I was 34 When I got me first CD player for Christmas 1984 and the first 2 CD's included were DSOTM and Flim & the BB's - Tricycle. By that time I had collected over 1,000 pieces of vinyl and yes, it's taken care of, always jacketed, cleaned on every play, decent turntable and cartridge. Once I heard these CD's I never looked back! I now have over 1,800 CD's that are now ripped on my LMS server. I'd guess somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of my vinyl collection has been replaced on CD. I'm no audiofool but to me CD was a very noticeable improvement over vinyl. There were other conveniences with CD... Just play the end of the track "Runnin' Down A Dream" on Tom Petty's "Fool Moon Fever" CD.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.