IGNORED

New Find.70 240Z

borini63

57 minutes ago, rcb280z said:

I like the green with butterscotch interior myself. 

Yep me too! It must have been 1989 I looked  at a beautiful  72 in this color combo with my dad.  They wanted $700 then but it had a bad front rack.  My dad said no.  Few years latter go a rusty 70 for the same $700. 

Thank You guys for the comments....

I want to make her run and drive first then We will see about restoration.....Just bought a driver side Fender,Driver side door,complete rear clip(I will get the rear hatch lock panel,tail light panel and rear lower valance) also bought a front Valance and all the missing small parts.Also bought an original radio(can't find the correct year Radio so it will have the 72 73 Radio) and pointy correct year antenna.

I hope she will be running and drive next week or so.

On 12/3/2017 at 12:21 PM, JSM said:

Yep me too! It must have been 1989 I looked  at a beautiful  72 in this color combo with my dad.  They wanted $700 then but it had a bad front rack.  My dad said no.  Few years latter go a rusty 70 for the same $700. 

I like the green also, but the BABY POOP, oops BUTTERSCOTCH BROWN is for secretaries! Black interior is the only one that suits the car to me.

IMG_20130623_195225_466.jpg

I also just bought a 1970 Z, #509. Very complete unmolested. It has the same wheels as your white one but I was assuming those were aftermarket and thought the car originally came with regular wheels and hubcaps. Which is correct?

p.s  I'm new to the 240z community and have many questions.

1 hour ago, studegard said:

I also just bought a 1970 Z, #509. Very complete unmolested. It has the same wheels as your white one but I was assuming those were aftermarket and thought the car originally came with regular wheels and hubcaps. Which is correct?

p.s  I'm new to the 240z community and have many questions.

Wow That is great find.....just 6000 Z's between mine and yours!!Lol

Post a picture, let us see it!

These are Dealer option Wheels.When you buy the Z, the dealer sell you these wheels to make money,and that time not everybody care about hupcaps.

Congrats on the rare find,but again we need to see a picture.

53 minutes ago, 87mj said:

A couple of weeks ago, I bought #5305 built 6/70.  I'm curious if your car has the hand throttle?

No I wish....the PO replaced the whole middle console with 72 240Z with only one choke lever. Mine is a 7/70 built date......I am in hunt for a early 70 middle console complete... I found some but they want as much as I paid for the Z???!!!

58 minutes ago, 87mj said:

I wonder if they did that because they swapped the transmission? I did that on my '71 because the PO added the later style transmission and the '72 console didn't require cutting. 

You know what...maybe the PO swapped to later 4speed Tranny...I need to check, I will let you know!