IGNORED

Mid-west Datsun Parts Swap Meet?

JLPurcell

2 hours ago, 87mj said:

Sure.  I just don't know how effective I would be.  I live by Ft Wayne.  Honestly, I didn't know Indy had a Z club.  I am just saying that up front so you know what kind of person you are dealing with here.  :)

OK, I might have to start a new post and officially take a poll. How many members would be interested in:

·         A Nissan / Datsun Parts Swap meet here in Richmond, IN. Next Year? If not Richmond, where in the mid-west?

·         Time of year?

·         Car Show / Swap meet?

Richmond is on the Indiana / Ohio Border, 70 miles east of Indianapolis, 40 miles west of Dayton, OH, 70 miles north of Cincinnati, OH. 

On 12/12/2017 at 9:09 AM, kevinsr98 said:

Great idea! However i would vote for Indianapolis.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Indy is a great thought, but that would be relative to who wants to put it together and work it. It would need to be decided by no later than end of January 2018 if it were planned to take place in the fall. I know this area, it is central to many larger cities and I have a not for profit facility less than 2 miles off of I-70, that would love to make this an annual event as a fund raiser. All of that being said, I have not had a lot of feedback from members wanting to participate in such an event. I see this as a possible judged car event and parts swap meet over a weekend. With the proper interest I am willing to give organizing it a shot. We would need a limited number of sponsors and  to get the information out at all of the 2018 Z events. Thoughts?

Edited by JLPurcell

6 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

Indy is a great thought, but that would be relative to who wants to put it together and work it. It would need to be decided by no later than end of January 2018 if it were planned to take place in the fall. I know this area, it is central to many larger cities and I have a not for profit facility less than 2 miles off of I-70, that would love to make this an annual event as a fund raiser. All of that being said, I have not had a lot of feedback from members wanting to participate in such an event. I see this as a possible judged car event and parts swap meet over a weekend. With the proper interest I am willing to give organizing it a shot. We would need a limited number of sponsors and  to get the information out at all of the 2018 Z events. Thoughts?

I dont know much about organizing an event like this but id could help out where needed.