IGNORED

help with battery hold down

Dlobi

I always specify the 24F code battery, It has the positive post on the "inside" of the engine bay to keep it away from the fender. Yes you may have to adjust the length of your battery cables. 

Here's my 1/4 thick aluminum, 1.5 wide with 3/4 notch to fit the battery cap thingy battery hold down. No polish or nothing, just strong. Could make it pretty if I felt like it. Right now 3798 doesn't deserve anything pretty.... 

If you look close at the battery you can see the 24F-700 designation.

Hmmm, not so easy to make that 90 bend in 1/4 aluminum without a press break. Just beating on it in a vice is likely going to crack it. 

IMG_1592.JPG

Edited by zKars

28 minutes ago, zKars said:

I always specify the 24F code battery, It has the positive post on the "inside" of the engine bay to keep it away from the fender. Yes you may have to adjust the length of your battery cables. 

Here's my 1/4 thick aluminum, 1.5 wide with 3/4 notch to fit the battery cap thingy battery hold down. No polish or nothing, just strong. Could make it pretty if I felt like it. Right now 3798 doesn't deserve anything pretty.... 

If you look close at the battery you can see the 24F-700 designation.

Hmmm, not so easy to make that 90 bend in 1/4 aluminum without a press break. Just beating on it in a vice is likely going to crack it. 

I always use the 24F as well. Never did like the positive that close to the fender. I have a hold down just like yours that I bought off Ebay years ago.

It did not have a 90 degree bend. It was made in two pieces and welded together to make a sharp 90.