IGNORED

Can some please take pictures of their stock horn locations 75/76 280Z

MattSaint

54 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

@MattSaint

I apologize for my part in stomping all over your thread. Hopefully I can make it up to you in the future.

@siteunseen - No worries.

I was able to locate 1 horn.  I am in the process of cleaning it up as it was quite rusty.  Still not sure if it is H or L or what I have.  It will work itself out in the end.

• Thanks 1

Not sure about this.  I bench-tested my re-built horns independently, off the car, with direct pos and neg connections from a guaranteed 12VDC power supply.  They had to be correctly adjusted with the adjustment screw.  Move too far in either direction and 'bleat' became 'dink'... or silence.

Update:  I took my remaining horn off and found out that it is the L horn.  Also note that the front color is almost a hunter green, while the back appears to be cadmium plated?  So, the horn I purchased is the H horn, so I now have a matching set. :cool:  I am in the process of cleaning it up.  I've taken the horn apart, cleaned the face and back as well as removed the pitting from the bracket.  I have the front face and bracket primed.  I am now in the process of making a paper gasket.

One last question, my horn has a Date Code of Y8, the horn I purchased has a Date code of Y7.  I've tried to search and find a place that talks about the parts date codes for Datsun.  Can someone point me to it or enlighten me on how to decipher them?

Thanks!

IMG_2489.JPGIMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

Edited by MattSaint
Added new horn.