IGNORED

Z31 N/A RB project

five&dime

Apparently this is a lot more difficult than my friend thought. But he says it will get done and there is no one I better trust to do stuff like this. And the guys that have done it say it's 100% worth the time, money and effort when you compare the new setup to the original suspension. 

40349245871_a5faca1a44_b.jpg

40304101972_1bdf2dd3be_b.jpg

38539673690_74712546bd_b.jpg

25486710197_d7827d8b02_b.jpg

I ordered Ichiban 5 lug hubs/bearings as well.

I assume you meant Ichiba parts. Have you read the reviews on Ichiba parts? I have a healthy fear of their manufacturing quality control. Many people in the 370 and 350 world have had issues with their parts.

Amen to that!

The original DIY thread on this used photo bucket for all the photos and of course they are all gone now. It said to modify the rear mounts that the guy made to be used up front but didn't really elaborate on how. Just suggested "do the best you can". My friend decided he didn't like that plan and so he is cutting the front ears off the Z31 subframe and welding them onto the S14 so the stock locations can be used up front. The rear side to side bar in the chassis out back is the perfect location for the guys mounts. This should be a really good way to achieve this swap and I can't wait to get updated photos. He plans to have it done and back to me tomorrow. Amazing to see how much better the S14 subframe is compared to the Z31. 

I can't wait! Too bad I didn't get more seat time as while it was stock. I think I put all of about 12 miles on it before it was torn down ROFL

Ordered the Nitto stroker 2.8L crank, H beam rods and upgraded rod bolts. Also ordered a stainless RB26 exhaust manifold flange since my headers are from the RB25 which oddly enough, has a slightly different bolt pattern. Now I can drop the block and crank off with the machinist and get in line so that by the time he is ready to start that, the custom piston specs will be ready. He can also port match the header flange while doing all the headwork. 

The throttle bodies are done. Enlarged to 49mm, new butterflies, seals, bearings and re-plating of all the hardware. They are assembling the linkage and shipping back from Australia next week. 

39678545115_1cf2fac74c_o.jpg

• Like 1