IGNORED

Balance tube

240dkw

Remedies for clogging might be similar to burr tools that clog. I've read of wax, anti- seize , etc...

Gouging the aluminum is what you want to avoid , but so easily done with a course file that doesn't clog- double edged sword!

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/5/2017 at 12:20 PM, David F said:

I heard that running the file over a bar of soap now and then keeps the file from clogging with aluminum.  Well, actually I heard this technique for grinding disks, but the theory should be the same.  Tube looks awesome...me, too lazy to attempt such a thing.  But, I am smack dab in the middle of polishing a vintage Airstream trailer.  The effort is messy, and tiring for sure...after a few hours, I turn black.

So I tried a bar of soap, and I have to say it works well. There is less pinning and as well the soap makes it easier to clean the file once the pinning starts.
Thanks for the tip.