IGNORED

Jai's Status

Mike

@Redwing Previously you mentioned something wrong with the passenger door latch or lock. Maybe we can decide what's wrong with it and I can send parts (if needed) for that one at the same time as the others. I noticed on the latch that I was being cleaned up that there are two springs inside. A clock spring and an expansion spring. Could be that's all that's wrong with your's. The expansion spring looks easy to source from a hardware store the clock spring might be a little more difficult but not impossible.

Just now, Mark Maras said:

@Redwing Previously you mentioned something wrong with the passenger door latch or lock. Maybe we can decide what's wrong with it and I can send parts (if needed) for that one at the same time as the others. I noticed on the latch that I was being cleaned up that there are two springs inside. A clock spring and an expansion spring. Could be that's all that's wrong with your's. The expansion spring looks easy to source from a hardware store the clock spring might be a little more difficult but not impossible.

Mark,

The only thing that works right about the passenger door is that it will lock if the inside post is pushed down.  The key does nothing for the door, will not open it.  I forget, it may not even turn.  I have thought it was the wrong key for that lock.  Which is low on the aggravation list, I have almost no use for that door.

Thanks...

Just now, SteveJ said:

That sets your price at about $60/tire plus road hazard, mounting & balancing, tire disposal fees, and tax. Unfortunately for you, there isn't a Kauffman Tire near you. The closest one is in Canton. They have frequent discounts based off the performance of the Hawks(maybe), Falcons, and Braves. For instance, the Falcons scoring in all 4 quarters merits a $120 if you order your tires the next day. The caveat is that it could require a prepayment and two trips down to Canton.

That's a lot of driving.  Is this a for sure thing, or is it iffy in how one gets this break?  Would be easier if could be ordered by phone and paid by pay pal.  

14 minutes ago, Redwing said:

That's a lot of driving.  Is this a for sure thing, or is it iffy in how one gets this break?  Would be easier if could be ordered by phone and paid by pay pal.  

Here's a link: http://www.atlantafalcons.com/fan-experience/fan-promotions.html. You can go to Kauffmantire.com and sign up for their promotions. I haven't had issues with getting the discounts in the past. I know that during baseball season, the stores tend to get crowded on the day after the Braves get a home run in the 4th inning for that promotion. 

While it may be quite a bit of driving to go to Canton, $120 is quite a bit to save on tires. I don't know much about the tire stores in Dalton or Chatsworth. NTB and Discount Tire have locations in Cleveland, TN & Chattanooga. That's less of a drive but without the opportunity for promotions. Otherwise, you're looking at something like Walmart. They have a surprising inventory of lower priced tires, though I can't vouch for longevity, quality, or competence of mounting/balancing.

• Thanks 1

I've bought "take offs" from local tire shops.  My Dad only buys Goodyear tires, built them for 40 years, so when he buys a car that doesn't have Goodyear tires he goes and gets them installed.  The tire shop keeps the brand new take offs and sales them for cheap.  Just an fyi that may be worth a phone call.

Cliff

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I've bought "take offs" from local tire shops.  My Dad only buys Goodyear tires, built them for 40 years, so when he buys a car that doesn't have Goodyear tires he goes and gets them installed.  The tire shop keeps the brand new take offs and sales them for cheap.  Just an fyi that may be worth a phone call.

Cliff

Good IDea.  Thanks for the INfo.  With Redwing, my Dad always replaced his tires off his Mercedes wayyyyy before he needed to.  So Redwing got his take offs that I ran about 2 years longer.  Good deal for me!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 7:42 PM, Mark Maras said:

I thank you Mark for sending the door parts.  I took heed of your suggestion, and the door works perfectly now with having saturated the hinge and the striker plate, etc., with WD - 40.  So not sure if I need to get the parts replaced or not.  Guess time will tell.

Jai

• Like 1

I took Redbird to the muffler shop to have a different one put on her.  The owner spotted the missing bolt in the rear lower control arm.  He told me it was dangerous and to have it taken care of immediately.  So I went right to Pete, and sent Greg a text with the photo and asked if he had one off the parts car he had.  He did, and brought it right over, but the bushing is missing.  Pete also said others of the complete lot of bushings I had put on 2 1/2 years ago, were loose too.  Pete put the bolt in and said RedBird was safe to drive until I get another bushing.  Wondering if I should have a talk with the other mechanic that did the bushing job?  I got lucky I think, it could have been a bad accident in the wings.  Unhappy magnam...

Jai

20171206_125836.jpg

20171206_120750.jpg