Home Built Z 'Full video build' - Page 26 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Featured Replies

I like the Alcantara...!

  • Author

The factory plastic trim pieces for my 240z are all cracked and broken, so this week I repaired them and covered them in alcantara.

 

Jeff, you can use ABS cement with fiberglass to repair cracked panels. It will wet out just like resin and sets hard.

Good job covering the panels. It's a real pain! I did a vinyl wrap on mine and had flashbacks watching the video.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

ETA: some pictures from a while back

IMG_4133.jpgIMG_4134.jpg

Edited by charliekwin

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Where did you get the fabric Jeff?

  • Author
1 hour ago, 240260280 said:

Here is a Z that reminded me of yours:

 

That thing is chunky! ? 

16 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Where did you get the fabric Jeff?

I got it from a big automotive trimming supplier in Sydney. You are looking for a Micro Suede.

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

Love the new lift!

LOL I was looking for the lift and found this:

 

image.png

  • Author
4 hours ago, 240260280 said:

LOL I was looking for the lift and found this:

 

image.png

Haha, you guys pay far more attention to the background than I give you credit for. ? 

.... as I stalk the streets of Bowral with the Google street camera car image bank looking for signs of a blue 240, yellow bug and tangerine Porsche...!  ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.