IGNORED

Back again looking for advice on another 280z

beefpatty

11 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Well let me add a little clarity to my seemingly harsh review above...

If you know what it is you're getting yourself into and your plan is to buy it cheap, cut the whole rear end off, and weld on a good one from a car that had been wrecked in the front, then this might be the perfect candidate.

Or if you just want to drive one, and don't really care that it has had extensive poorly done body work done in the past, then this might be the perfect candidate.

If this thing is being presented as "in good condition", or "restored", or "a survivor", then I protest. I'm out of touch with Z prices, and all I know is they are going up. But I sure hope you could do better for that money.

The fact that he was originally asking for $9,500 and trying to hide all of that rubs me the wrong way. TheErictag's post also gives me hope I can hold out for a much better candidate for the same price.

10 minutes ago, TheErictag said:

Oh yeah and mine runs great and does amaZing donuts default_laugh.png. I need a carpet kit and some weatherstripping and a r200 rear end and I'm set!

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Now you're just teasing me LOL. It's good to have additional data points, though, so thanks!

13 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Like they said at mandatory AA meetings, keep coming back; you'll learn something. 

I learned to stay home. LOL

Lol! Funny I learned I wasn't an alcoholic, just a severe a__hole!!  I don't drink anymore!

I used the 2000 Kia Sportage w/s - it fits tight. Search the forums for info.

Thanks I had read that somewhere already.. I see that you used it and it worked well I have some on the way to use till I can get some OE Nissan/Datsun ones.. anyone here know where they can be found?

• Like 1

Thanks I had read that somewhere already.. I see that you used it and it worked well I have some on the way to use till I can get some OE Nissan/Datsun ones.. anyone here know where they can be found?

NLA I believe. Start a new thread on this if you want to keep going.[emoji6]