IGNORED

On the hunt for a Datsun Competition headrest

v12horse

On 2/25/2018 at 3:05 PM, v12horse said:

Hello Jason,

I know what your saying when you talk about replicas of these seats and them looking less than ideal.  If your really are interested I do believe that Kameari (the company that I got the replica headrest from) sources the buckets as well.  I am not sure of the quality or the "look" but it is worth checking out.  I would also talk to the guys at JDM Legends, but they are stateside.  You are across the pond so I know there are resources for a nice set of Datsun Buckets (or one).  Good luck on the hunt.  If you email Kameari they will email back and you can purchase items through a paying service similar to PayPal.  

Ben

catalogue-085-2.pdf

https://jdmlegends.com

Yes, I'll be seeing Alan shortly so will ask his opinion.   Part of me likes parts that aren't freely on the market, as if they're too common it ruins a bit of the allure.

• Like 1

Jason, I feel the same way about these parts being something to behold.  It is not just the rarity of the parts themselves, but the mystique of the parts as it takes some serious information digging to merely identify the parts.  These few interior items we have discussed here are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of neat parts and information that came from the Omori factory(Datsun Comp headquarters that is now NISMO)during the time of our beloved cars.  I want to know where the Works race cars where made, see photos of people putting them together, visualize schematic drawings of bucket seats, exhaust systems and other parts.  The development that went into the Z is immense and it seems the information of that time and the people that are still around have not been utilized to share this rich history.  

Have fun with Alan and say 'hello' for me.  I'll make it across the pond one day.  

Sincerely,

Ben 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...