IGNORED

35 mm film developing find

siteunseen

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

Haha!! First jokes!

I don't remember all the details of my first joke... All I remember was the monkey trying to put the cork back in.

Never heard that one but I'm still laughing.

One day, three scientists decided to conduct an experiment that nobody had ever tried before. They decided to leave a cork up a Pigs arse for 3 weeks and at the end of the three weeks they would take the cork out and see what happened. Well, they noticed that after 1 week the pigs legs had turned blue, after 2 weeks its head turned blue and finally, after 3 weeks the entire pigs body had turned blue. So one scientist said to another "i think it is time to remove the cork" Well, those scientists set up a room so that the pig was at one end of the room, and the scientists were in a line behind it, like so: Pig Scientist Scientist Scientist And they got a monkey to take the cork out. well, as you can imagine, when the hapless monkey took the cork out of the pigs arse, $^!# went everywhere. The scientist at the back of the room was up to his knees in it, the scientist in the middle of the room was up to his chest, and they couldn't find the last scientist, so after searching around, they finally found him, and found him laughing hysterically. "What is wrong with you?" one scientist asked. "You have just been buried alive in pig $^!# and you are LAUGHING!?" The Third Scientist replied, between his laughter, "You should have seen the monkey trying to put the cork back in!" 

I found a more familiar to me version.  I'm no scientist but have been to a County Fair.

Two guys were trying to win the "Biggest Pig contest" at the county fair. So they stuck a cork in the pig's... ahem...under his tail, and left the cork there for 3 weeks. The pig got bigger and bigger and bigger. 
They won the contest, but were afraid to pull the cork out. So they trained a monkey to do the job, training him with a cork and bottle. 
The day finally came to relieve the pig. The monkey pulled the cork out and the pig exploded, pig manure exploding all over the room, knocking the men to the ground. The monkey was killed, and Both men ended up in the hospital. 
One man couldn't stop laughing in his hospital bed. 
The other man, "Why are you laughing? I don't remember a thing". His friend couldn't stop laughing and said, "You should have seen the monkey trying to put the cork BACK IN".

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2017 at 8:52 PM, heyitsrama said:

Do those steel developer tanks have the reels in them? I need one of those :0

They do, I opened them this morning. The tall ones have 4, short ones have 2. I'd like to sale it all together,  one swipe.

For shipping being so high now you could get one local or off ebay with free shipping?

22 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I found a more familiar to me version.  I'm no scientist but have been to a County Fair.

Thanks! Yeah, that's pretty much the version I remember.  LOL  I never heard the scientist version. I mean, It's poop humor... Why try to Classi it up and involve scientists??

So I'm not sure that's not the first joke I ever heard, but that's about when I made the leap from "What's black and white and read all over?" kind of joke that your teachers tell. This is the first one I remember that came from friends, not authorities. The first one I didn't just smile from because I "got it", but the first one really laughed at.

• Like 1

My lesson learned on this darkroom equipment, the future lease on my rental will be "no smokers, pets, or photographers"

I've been spackling nail holes all day today and still have more to do in the morning.  It looks like they shot each wall with #4 duck pellets.  

Selling that stuff won't touch my time and material involved. :facepalm:

About 12 years ago I found a camera bag in a dumpster, it contained several lenses, filters, and a Nikon F, made in the sixties. Looked it up online, it's famous, got the user manual. Took it to a camera shop and had it cleaned inside and out, there was some mold. They had a nice telephoto lens for it that wasn't expensive, so I bought it. It's a hell of a nice cam and takes great photos. I've never owned a high-end digital cam (I've got a cheap waterproof one I use for work, crawlspace photos etc.) so the "F" is my best cam. Only thing, the battery it used is NLA, and the current replacement makes the meter less accurate.   You can still find Nikon F's around, online and in camera stores, for less than the cheapest digital cam.

To me audio equipment with tubes sounds better than digital, so .....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, siteunseen said:

My lesson learned on this darkroom equipment, the future lease on my rental will be "no smokers, pets, or photographers"

I've been spackling nail holes all day today and still have more to do in the morning.  It looks like they shot each wall with #4 duck pellets.  

Selling that stuff won't touch my time and material involved. :facepalm:

Hope you didn't give their deposit back!  You lucked out if you only have to fill nail holes.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

If I were thirty years younger I'd  jump right on it.  Oh how I would have loved that set up whilst I was doing all the classes and processing.  Just too late for me now tho.  I hope someone that really is into the processing end of photography, is able to get those things.  It is turning into an art craft for the few.

Or, if it doesn't sell on Craigslist and you don't want to be bothered with eBay, consider donating to Goodwill or another charitable organization for the tax write off.  Like others have said, nice stuff...just 20 or 30 year too late.

Dennis