IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

Nope, I'm good - Fujitsubo have revised their long-term product to better fit (improved ground clearance) today's lowered cars and it's aimed at JDM Fairlady Zs. - What have I missed there then ?

BUT...and Jason can confirm this, it's being marketed outside of Japan and for export S30s and you're the one defending Fujitsubo selling it to non-fitting (late model export) cars.......you're the one missing the point here !

1 minute ago, Sean Dezart said:

I'm not missing the point Alan - you're not clearly stating to whom you're replying : Dreamzz has a 280Z so any image of a stock JDM S30 exhaust isn't relevant and Fujitsubo revised their twin exhaust system to avoid the negative comments of it hanging too low (ie well under the small U shape*) amist the trend of lowering Zs....although frankly, I'd have thought they'd have done that years ago as we've been lowering them since the year dot !

*image of mine through it....on a 280Z.

P9260031.JPG

This is starting to feel like I'm pulling my own teeth out. This is classiczcars.com for Christ's sake. How many people here need to be reminded of the shape of their differential crossmember? THE WHOLE POINT is that the original car was designed and engineered to accept the factory twin pipe exhaust either as stock equipment or as an option. Late, single cut-out diff crossmembers and R200 diffs ARE THE WHOLE PROBLEM HERE.

XVSpyS.jpg
uOzJro.jpg

2 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

Nope, I'm good - Fujitsubo have revised their long-term product to better fit (improved ground clearance) today's lowered cars and it's aimed at JDM Fairlady Zs. - What have I missed there then ?

BUT...and Jason can confirm this, it's being marketed outside of Japan and for export S30s and you're the one defending Fujitsubo selling it to non-fitting (late model export) cars.......you're the one missing the point here !

What was "it's an important market for them" meant to mean then? If Fujitsubo are making any exhaust system it will be an important market to them. You frame it to make it sound like it's been revised to suit another market/model, when it's simply to package it tighter for lowered cars. As is the whole point of this discussion, FUJITSUBO DO NOT MAKE A SYSTEM THAT CATERS FOR CARS WITH R200 DIFFS.

It seems to me that you are pointing the finger at Fujitsubo rather than dunderhead re-sellers and unwitting end users (who themselves would be advised to understand their own cars and the significance of '50-9' a little better...).

Edited by HS30-H
typo

14 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

There should be a caveat with thier systems :

no fitting with R200 diffs whether standard or converted. Not difficult to note in the sales jargon.

Just you wait until you've got a few more cretinous customer claims under your belt for Z Story exhausts. Your caveat list will look like something dreamed up by the European Court of Human Justice. 

3 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

THE WHOLE POINT is that the original car was designed and engineered to accept the factory twin pipe exhaust either as stock equipment or as an option. Late, single cut-out diff crossmembers and R200 diffs ARE THE WHOLE PROBLEM HERE.

Don't shout !

You keep flitting between late export models and early, original Zs to suit your 'arguments.....you're on your own in a corner shadow-boxing because I for one am convinced but we were talking about a 280Z and the owner's fitting issues following a purchase from a known retailer and having had advice from another in Japan to the effect that the Fujitsubo system would fit ok when you're clearly stating it was never designed to nor the car to accept one.

I think we've all agreed upon that so save your dental bills but go easy on the Easter chocky bunnies.

People have been fitting R200s in early S30s since the late seventies - Fujitsubo have, after 40years revised their product, using a late  JDM model with only 1x U and state :

It is especially seen in the cars that appeared after the latter half of the 1960s, and from that time it has rarely been named as a base car for customization. Hakosuka, Dalmacelica, Savanna RX - 3 and the generation not born at that time may have heard about the name.

Among them, it is proud of its popularity and it is famous "Fairlady Z" that famous cars that are treated differently not only in Japan but also overseas including the United States of America.

The S30 type fair lady Z appeared in 1969, so you can buy a muffler for a car almost 50 years ago as a new product now. What made such a feat is the biggest muffler world "FUJITSUBO (barnacle)".

I think that it is no longer necessary to explain FUJITSUBO any more, but it is a long-established store that was established in sports mufflers when S30 Fairlady Z was active. Because there is a manufacturer who knows back then there is a sense of security.

And the biggest point of attention this time is that both the muffler and the exhaust manifold are regarded as "lowdown correspondence model". In line with the lowdown style which shows the excitement in recent years, it ensures the road clearance securely by laying down the floor uniformly from the exhaust manifold to the muffler. Compared with the conventional model, it achieves a height rise of about 30 mm.

In addition to changing the position of the flange and the shape of the silencer on the front side, the biggest point is to increase the load clearance by about 30 mm compared with the conventional model by reducing the space between the body and the muffler. In addition, *the whole is divided into three parts, and it is possible to correspond widely to the difference in mounting position caused by individual differences of the vehicle.

3cm rise and NO mention of fitting around an R200 diff - that is a shame when they were revising it so (nearly) thoroughly.

*This last point is bullshit as the seperate parts are fitted together via fixed flat flanges - no margin for any adjustment !

3 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

Just you wait until you've got a few more cretinous customer claims under your belt for Z Story exhausts. Your caveat list will look like something dreamed up by the European Court of Human Justice. 

Already had them and all sorted thanks - I listen to my customers, look after them and take on board any and all constructive criticism - normal, correct business practice and the only way to improve and move forwards.

8 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

What was "it's an important market for them" meant to mean then? If Fujitsubo are making any exhaust system it will be an important market to them. You frame it to make it sound like it's been revised to suit another market/model, when it's simply to package it tighter for lowered cars. As is the whole point of this discussion, FUJITSUBO DO NOT MAKE A SYSTEM THAT CATERS FOR CARS WITH R200 DIFFS.

It seems to me that you are pointing the finger at Fujitsubo rather than dunderhead re-sellers and unwitting end users (who themselves would be advised to understand their own cars and the significance of '40-9' a little better...).

Here we go - like a red rag to a bull time...I did not mean to inflate your whoopee cusion - my inference of 'important' meant the early S30 market and obviously, but I'll spell it out, early JDM S30s which didn't have R200 diffs as standard.....except that they are ignoring aftermarket* conversions but then you might advise us better if the R200 is a popular conversion in Japan or not ?

It was not my intention to infer that Fujitsubo were revising their system for another market/model - they have simply raised it to improve ground clearance (belatedly) as mentioned in one of my recent previous posts.

Any company selling a performance after-market part might expect a buyer to have improved other aspects - do we assume that Fujitsubo have never considered that early cars might have swapped diffs ? 

1492198770439.jpeg

Just went to garage and took picture of how I fit the fujitsubo legalis system to my 75 280z with an R200 LSD. My car is what I and most would consider a resto mod. I have and will continue to have to customize things as I did when I chose an electronic direct fire ignition. Actions have reactions. I posted so others wouldn't expect a "plug and play" if they chose to go this route.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HS30-H said:

It seems to me that you are pointing the finger at Fujitsubo rather than dunderhead re-sellers and unwitting end users (who themselves would be advised to understand their own cars and the significance of '40-9' a little better...).

This revision isn't aimed at the late model export market any more than the previous version was. I'm gobsmacked that anyone can not see that...

Distributor schmistributor. As I said before, better to talk to the organ grinder than his monkey. The Whitehouse Performance sales literature is wrong, not Fujitsubo.

I consider it rather harsh Alan that you put down any buyer because they believed what was written in the sales literature in their country and when they checked up with a reputable Japanese-based retailer also. When you bought your Audi, did you ring up the German factory to confirm certain details like (sic) the emissions levels or just assume that what was stated was good enough to pass Britain's (not European :D) MOT levels ? Be real.

Sean, that text as I put was from a magazine article in January, I don't think its Fujitsubo directly?  It reads like the magazine talking about popularity of cars in the American market, which the exhaust will fit but its not the target.

I read it as they're fixing the only issues that the system has, hugging the body a little better, improving ground clearance, having the system in more parts, they type of joints they have allow a little wiggle room, if there's more of them, there's more wiggle room.  I've translated the part about individual differences as meaning that they're old cars, they've had bodywork and bits changed so may not be as they left the factory.

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

Already had them and all sorted thanks - I listen to my customers, look after them and take on board any and all constructive criticism - normal, correct business practice and the only way to improve and move forwards.

Sean, really. When your company is the size of Fujitsubo you can come back and make the same claim. Let's see how that pans out shall we?